cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having a difficulty activating my PM sim

dongwook
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been using Telus Prepaid card and try to move my Telus mobile number to PM.    I waited and replied "Yes" to the message I got from Telus during my activation process. Since then  nothing is happening.  I can not make a phone call with a new PM Sim card while my old Telus prepaid sim card is still working. Really strange.   Please help me. It has been more than 12 hours since I have activated my PM SIM card. 

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dongwook  - 

That is good you replied to Telus to approve the port over to Public.

What about texting, does that work? Data?

With the Public Mobile SIM card inside the phone try preforming a reset of your network settings.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Not sure if it is the same as Koodo prepaid but that process you actually activate with a new PM number and then after the fact they can port over your number. It's a different process then the typical porting right away. I'm assuming that would be the same for Telus prepaid although not 100%

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dongwook   You might be having 2 different problems.

1. your sim cannot even make outgoing calls, probably because the sim card was not provisioned properly on the system.  Take the sim out, put it back and see if it can at least make an outgoing calls

2. you never got the text from Telus asking your permission to move your number to PM?  did you request porting when you activated?  

Since you have 2 issues, I suggest you to open a ticket with PM Support and have them sorted out for you.   You can use none of the 2 methods below:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you activate PM SIM card?

Did you create self-serving account?

Does ANY service works with PM SIM?

Since you replied Yes to porting request, porting is in process. It should complete soon. If you do not get any service at PM, let us know.

Need Help? Let's chat.