cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having Trouble Activating

Nsxcoolkid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've tried activating a total of 3 times in the past 3 days - attempting to port another number into Public Mobile. The first time it said it went through, but it's been 3 days now and I still have my old account active.

The past two times, I've been getting this message:

"Oops ... It seems that something went wrong .. Please href=" https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help" Target="_blank">email us to get your account operational. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Please help 😞

19 REPLIES 19

@krazykiwi wrote:

@krazykiwi, I have never had a port take a couple of days from a carrier that wasn't Telus/Koodo.  Mine have been completed within 20-30 minutes and that is from Rogers, Bell and Virgin.  I would not wait a couple of days.

I was just quoting other experienced Team members...

"

Re: How long does porting take?

Porting takes around 1-2 hours to as long as 2 days. "

And i am almost certain it said up to 48 hrs when I did my port. But I see Mod Mary says 30 min to 3 hours.

Yes but the MOD also states 30 min-3 hours.  I respect Williams knowledge but if your port isn't completed in 4 hours I would be messaging the mods and not waiting 2 days.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@krazykiwi, I have never had a port take a couple of days from a carrier that wasn't Telus/Koodo.  Mine have been completed within 20-30 minutes and that is from Rogers, Bell and Virgin.  I would not wait a couple of days.

I was just quoting other experienced Team members...

"

will13am
Oracle

Re: How long does porting take?

Porting takes around 1-2 hours to as long as 2 days. "

And i am almost certain it said up to 48 hrs when I did my port. But I see Mod Mary says 30 min to 3 hours.

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Nsxcoolkid wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@krazykiwi, my thoughts exactly - @Nsxcoolkid did you purchase only a SIM card, or did you actually activate a plan?

I purchased both the SIM card and the monthly voucher. WOWmobile had a promotion where if they activated for me, I would get a free SIM card instead of paying for it.

Looks like I'll have to head back to WOWmobile to see if they activated my SIM then I guess?

If they didn't activate it then you should have been able to. If they did and you are porting from a carrier other than one from Telus or Koodo it could take a couple days.

Now if this was purchased at WOW on the promo then WOW was supposed to activate it in store to receive the promo.  It sounsd like they may have tried to activate it as you are getting these errors.  Have you tried a different browser or incognito mode? Did they try port your number when they setup or did they activate the sim with a new number?  This could be the reason you can't set up a self serve account if you are trying to enter your current number and it isn't recognized.  Either way I would contact the mods the only issue is with out having a self serve account there isn't a way to get your account number.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

If it has been 3 days you can check with WOW but I would send a message to the Mods in the meantime. It may take a couple days for a response as well.

@Nsxcoolkid wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@krazykiwi, my thoughts exactly - @Nsxcoolkid did you purchase only a SIM card, or did you actually activate a plan?

I purchased both the SIM card and the monthly voucher. WOWmobile had a promotion where if they activated for me, I would get a free SIM card instead of paying for it.

Looks like I'll have to head back to WOWmobile to see if they activated my SIM then I guess?

If they didn't activate it then you should have been able to. If they did and you are porting from a carrier other than one from Telus or Koodo it could take a couple days.

Nsxcoolkid

@stonechucker wrote:

@Nsxcoolkid wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Nsxcoolkid wrote:

@stonechucker

I can't create a self-serve account as it doesn't recognize my number that I tried to port over. WOWmobile already charged me, and said it's been activated, and that it takes 72 hours for a port to happen.

How do I verify that the SIM has been activated?

If you try setting up the account with the Sim number, what does it say?

I just tried again, it still gives me the "Oops message" stated in my first post 😞

If you didn't trying porting while setting up then you will need to contact a Mod.

Nsxcoolkid

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Nsxcoolkid wrote:

@stonechucker

I can't create a self-serve account as it doesn't recognize my number that I tried to port over. WOWmobile already charged me, and said it's been activated, and that it takes 72 hours for a port to happen.

I just tried again, it still gives me the "Oops message" stated in my first post 😞

If it is already activated it will not let you do it again. But do not try to port while you are setting it up.

@Nsxcoolkid wrote:

@stonechucker

@stonechucker wrote:

Did WOW mobile activate the plan?  It sounds like they didn't.

Do not attempt to create a new number - PM the moderators as advised above, and await their assistance.

If the sim has not been properly activated, I don't know what you paid for already.

Maybe he just bought the Sim. I bought the Sim at London Drugs, walked out and activated when I got home. I activated it, made sure everything was working and then ported the number. All done within minutes without problem. Nothing personal but I prefer to activate rather than having the staff at London Drugs/Walmart do it.

Nsxcoolkid

@stonechucker

Further suggestion - do you have a self-serve account created yet for this SIM card?  If not, try creating an account for it on the My Account link in the top right corner of this webpage.

Did WOW mobile activate the plan?  It sounds like they didn't.

Do not attempt to create a new number - PM the moderators as advised above, and await their assistance.

If the sim has not been properly activated, I don't know what you paid for already.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Nsxcoolkid wrote:

I've tried activating a total of 3 times in the past 3 days - attempting to port another number into Public Mobile. The first time it said it went through, but it's been 3 days now and I still have my old account active.

The past two times, I've been getting this message:

"Oops ... It seems that something went wrong .. Please href=" https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help" Target="_blank">email us to get your account operational. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Please help 😞

Have you tried activating the Sim with a new number first? Then when all is working properly port the old number.

@Nsxcoolkid

The port did not go through.  For this issue, you will need to contact moderator.  Unfortunately, you will need one to two days for the issue to be resoved.  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Recommendation:  do not send multiple message to moderators.  Each new message will put you further down the job list.  

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message, your public mobile phone number, your account number and PIN code.

Nsxcoolkid

@Dunkman

No connection at all, and I'm unable to dial in/out, or text in/out with the Public Mobile SIM card. The payment did go through, as it was initially purchased and activated at WOWmobile.

I am still able to use my current service provider and make calls, texts, etc. It just doesn't seem like the transfer went through.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Nsxcoolkid

If you put your Public mobile sim into your phone, do you get any connection?  Are you able to dial out, text in or out?    Did your payment go through? Not sure whether you have an incomplete port.

Need Help? Let's chat.