cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had to Activate the SIM in store - no referral reward

ZachB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey peeps, I'm very new here.

I just got my public mobile SIM and so did my mom, and we were told that we couldn't purchase a public mobile SIM without activating it in store (Walmart). I was hoping to get one of us a referal bonus, but I feel like I wasn't given that option given that the employee helping us went through the registration form and not me.

Am I wrong, or is there a way to still get the referal reward?

4 REPLIES 4

ZachB

Your guess would be right Smiley LOL I guess I'll keep my eye out for if one of these deals happens again.

JustJess

If you didn't port your number over, you could cancel you current plan at the end of the month and go in and get a new plan/number, with referral.

That being said, my guess if you probably activated on one of the 'bonus plans' that expire today. 😞

ZachB

Thanks for the advice! I'll be sure to do that, though I can only be so mad about 1 dollar a month, I was a little excited anyways. 

Cheers!

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ZachB, Unfortunately, the only way to get the referral rewards is by entering the phone number during registration.  The employee should have asked you if there was a referral.  if you set up both accounts at the same time, then as far as I'm concerned, that employee is a ****.  Even though it might not change anything, I would contact the moderator team, and let them know what happened.  They might be able to send some training suggestions to Walmart.

Need Help? Let's chat.