cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP?

Leeanne2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was double charged last month so I left it..my renewal date was yesterday and that money is gone out of my available funds. I am so frustrated..is there no way of calling public mobile because this is so frustrating. I don't know what to do.

11 REPLIES 11

Ditto @dust2dust 

@Leeanne2  - what are we missing?

@Leeanne2 

1. do you have active service
  2. do you have a payment card attached to the account
  3. what do you see when you log into self-serve by way of account status (you can also call 611 from the device to hear the status)
  4. have you tried to reboot device, reset network connections, and toggle airplane mode on/off?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Wow. Several different interpretations. Along with the requisite contact support. Not necessary if a couple of us are interpreting correctly.

Edit: So the system mistakenly takes out two payments and leaves the second one in the cell account in your available funds as you said and at that time you chose to leave it there as balance. What happens is that the renewal always takes from that balance first. If there isn't enough there to pay the plan then it will go to the registered credit card (or visa debit).

That's how I interpret your question and what the outcome came to.

Just to confirm, @Leeanne2 , so you had two (2) payments taken from your 'account' and those 2 payments covered 2 cycles of service.

Correct?

If so, that's what you would expect.   Please advise if we're missing something.

Leeanne2

No it says there's no money in my account there should be enough to restart my service but says there's nothing in my available funds

Leeanne2

Both payments were taken out of my account and never put back.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Leeanne2 - what do you mean you left?

The only way to close a Public Mobile account is, if you have been in nonpay/suspended status for over 90 days, or ported your Public Mobile number to another provider, then you lost your Public Mobile account, phone number, and access to My Account.

If you are trying to close your account remove the Autopay option in My Account.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Leeanne2  Check you cc there are times when you see a charge twice for the plan but one is posted the other is pending and the pending charge typically will fall off 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like it did exactly what it's supposed to do. Are your services working?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Leeanne2   you cannot call, but you can open ticket with them.  They will investigate ;

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Leeanne2 

That's what you would expect. 

The extra funds went into your Available Funds.  This renewal draws upon that first.

EDIT:  you don't need to contact Customer Support - everything worked as designed.   

Need Help? Let's chat.