cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Additional top up charge to my credit card

kayceedee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I paid for my 3-months services with my credit card and for some reason PM charged my credit card an additional charge that is now sitting in my account as a credit. I never approved this charge. How can this charge be reversed and refunded to my credit card??

11 REPLIES 11

@kayceedee, yes, as @Anonymous, it's the rest of the usage and the $19 combined that you're going to lose.

However, most of the Koodo plans for migration have been including a bill credit to offset the loss.  The available balance is money you, unfortunately, added (and an unused reward credit it would seem) that you'll not get.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kayceedee wrote:

Yes. That’s correct. I currently have a $19 credit. Since I want to port out my number soon, I don’t want to lose my credit. 

Not sure though how long it will take for a mod to look into my issue...

You have more than the $19 to think about. You paid what looks like $120 for a 3 month plan. You're about half way through that pre-paid term. To port out now you would lose about $60.

Like I said, maybe you're getting a signing bonus from where you're going to so maybe it doesn't matter. Or you're rich.

Also, you *might* be able to transfer your credit to another PM customer if you know one. Do that before you go though.

kayceedee

Yes. That’s correct. I currently have a $19 credit. Since I want to port out my number soon, I don’t want to lose my credit. 

Not sure though how long it will take for a mod to look into my issue...

Which was the manual top-up?

Looking at this, you should have an available balance now of $19.  Is this correct?  You're also about 1/2 way through your 90-day cycle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kayceedee wrote:

Thanks for your replies. I did a manual top up. 

I want to get the top up of those $16 reversed since I don’t think I want to use this account any further. But looks like the mods aren’t too active here. 😞 

Is the $19 your current Available Funds balance? How about a screenshot of your Overview page (remove personal info)

You may not be aware that if you port out you lose the value that you've already spent and the $19 balance. If wherever you might port to offers a signing bonus then that might cover your losses.

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kayceedee wrote:

Thanks for your replies. I did a manual top up. Here’s a screen shot of my payment history. 

C2B03847-3652-4132-B0C8-134F8455096B.jpeg

I want to get the top up of those $16 reversed since I don’t think I want to use this account any further. But looks like the mods aren’t too active here. 😞 

I think the mods are *too* active is the problem - they can take a couple days to respond because they have too much to do - but this sort of thing, in my experience, they're pretty good about sorting out for you.

kayceedee

Thanks for your replies. I did a manual top up. Here’s a screen shot of my payment history. 

C2B03847-3652-4132-B0C8-134F8455096B.jpeg

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

PM may have setup the autopay ahead of the renewal date.  If someone pays the next 30/90 days fee after PM created the autopay list, double billing will occur. 

My utility company does this.  I need to pay my bill at least 1 week ahead using PayTM with my Master Card to avoid double billing by my utility company.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kayceedee, did you do a manual top up or use auto pay?  With auto pay, the system would not do two top ups for single payment.  If you could post a snapshot of the recent payment history, we can help with interpreting what happened.  If there is extra funds sitting in the account due to a second top up, it might be best to actually leave it there and have it available for the next payment.  You could get the moderator team to reimburse the payment.  That is a slow process and unless you intend to leave soon, this is extra effort might not be worthwhile. 

mimmo

Account issues can only be handled by mods you would need to contact them.  Any info you can provide on how the issue happened will help you better when contacting them.  Typically though there are only a few circumstances when refunds are issued.

It is strange that you had a double payment.  Are you able to post a screenshot of your payment history?

Did you click pay now twice or something?

Was autooay enabled.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-") to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

popping

@kayceedee wrote:

Hi, I paid for my 3-months services with my credit card and for some reason PM charged my credit card an additional charge that is now sitting in my account as a credit. I never approved this charge. How can this charge be reversed and refunded to my credit card??

You can send a private message to moderator.  Only moderator can access your account.

Click the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators to ask for help.
Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.