Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google and its indexing of this site

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

The Google search bot is programmed to search for, and record, fresh content. Every new question/concern posted here, and replies given, constitute fresh content. As a result, the bot visits daily.

Out of curiosity, I gave a voice command to my smartphone, which was "public mobile community". That was at about 4 am today, February 20. The first indexed result was a question and all its answers posted in the community yesterday, the 19th. That is how efficient Google is at indexing.

I wish to respectfully suggest the following to those members who respond to posts: Advise those individuals who post personal or otherwise confidential information to return to their posts ASAP to either eliminate or obscure the information in question.

6 REPLIES 6

Yes. That's true. 

Val_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Martin, thanks for looking out for your fellow Community-goers. I like the sound of your suggestion, why not bring it to the Public Lab?  

CET_GUY27
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
The warning that Martin notes would be best given during registration. I can't remember if there was anything mentioned during registration but specifically noting to new registrants that all information posted can be accessed by anyone online.

benwarez

True, your advice is appreciated, some PPL are just not paying attention or listening to advices, that's how we all are unfortunately

Martin
Legend
Legend
benwarez,

Unfortunately, only the webmaster is allowed to request content removal from Google.

Considering the workload that PM employees now have, I can't see the PM webmaster(s) taking on additional responsibilities.

What we need, before a visitor enters the community, is a digital sign warning against posting personal information and the consequences of doing so.

benwarez

Google is explaining in this link how to request removal of content from their index:
http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.ca/2007/04/requesting-removal-of-content-from-our.html

Need Help? Let's chat.