cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Phones

Jenfenster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey all!

Looking for feedback on where the best deals are for buying a new phone. Looking at the Pixel 5 in the near-ish future! Any suggestions are welcome.

14 REPLIES 14

ashleyskye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

OP, does it have to be a new phone? I am finding reasonable prices on new phones to be harder and harder to find. There are several places that sell used phones with a warranty. Just read the details. Some warranties are better than others.

@geopublic wrote:

@kb_mv  Yes, but the 4a 5G is priced at $299 better phone and better price.🙂

@geopublic While I agree that it would certainly be worth picking one up at that price ($379CAD), there is a big but. It only applies if you activate the phone on Google Fi.

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 6.22.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 6.27.19 PM.png

@kb_mv  Yes, but the 4a 5G is priced at $299 better phone and better price.🙂

@geopublic wrote:

@Jenfenster  If you have contacts in the States a good place is:

Wireless Phones Designed For Fi - Google Fi

Otherwise if you want to stick with Public Mobile buying it from the Google store.

@geopublic The 4a on that site is $349 USD. The current exchange rate at a bank brings the price pretty close ($469 CAD) to what you will pay in Canada at the Google store ($479 CAD).

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 3.59.42 PM.png

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jenfenster  If you have contacts in the States a good place is:

Wireless Phones Designed For Fi - Google Fi

Otherwise if you want to stick with Public Mobile buying it from the Google store.

@Jenfenster just wait for the Google store black Friday sale. I bought the pixel 4 with $250 off last year. I imagine the pixel 5 etc. will receive a similar discount. 

Jenfenster

Good to know! Thank you

@Jenfenster wrote:

Best Buy has the best prices so far. We sure don't have a lot of shopping options in Canada! 

@Jenfenster Where on Bestbuy are you seeing unlocked 4a's? When I look all I see are phones that come with a plan on different networks? Am I missing something? As stated by @will13am above, given a choice for the same price I would buy directly from Google.

Edited: I just checked Bell and Rogers sites and they are offering the Pixel 4a for $560 without a plan! Seriously! Google sells the phone for $479.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Sometimes buying google phones directly from google has its advantages.  In the past, extended warranties and other goodwill were only available when purchased direct from google.  

Jenfenster

Thanks everyone...doing a bit more research on the updates and it looks like the 4a is the "best deal" in terms of update longevity! Interesting. Best Buy has the best prices so far. We sure don't have a lot of shopping options in Canada! 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Jenfenster I would be very surprised if you see a non contract Pixel 4a, 4a5G or 5 for less than the google store. As a matter of fact, I routinely see these phones on amazon and ebay for MORE than you will pay at the Google Canada Store.

https://store.google.com/ca/product/pixel_5

@Jenfenster 

Since PM does not sell brand new subsidized phones, you will need to look for deals on phones - buying it outright.  

Maybe Black Friday will offer deals directly from companies such as Google, Samsung or Apple.  

Other mobile companies such as Koodo, Telus, Freedom mobile would offer deals on phones if you sign up with them.  

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Jenfenster wrote:

Hey all!

Looking for feedback on where the best deals are for buying a new phone. Looking at the Pixel 5 in the near-ish future! Any suggestions are welcome.

Anywhere you can get it for less than $799 is a deal.

Google Pixel 5 Canadian pricing, availability:

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/09/30/google-pixel-5-canadian-pricing-availability/

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try checking swiftronics.ca, best buy.ca, the source.ca.

Need Help? Let's chat.