cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Maps Does Not Work With DATA

hebapublic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Google Maps Does Not Work With DATA

Last month, my Google Maps was working perfectly fine while my data was on. Now, Google Maps does not work at all when data is on...Google Maps works perfectly with my wifi, but not when my data is on. When I'm out, I have no wifi and must rely on data for Google Maps. Over the past three weeks, my Google Maps has not been working at all with my data. Please help. 

12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

but sometimes, a message won't get moved depending on which message was clicked on for the reply.

@computergeek541 this is why it's important for people to click Reply on the post most related to their reply.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Dunkman wrote:

@Jb456 

@Jb456 wrote:

@Dunkman 

Why wasn't my post moved to the new thread? 

But the post after mine that has mention of me was 🤔🤔🤔🤔???

Sorry, not sure why. Still learning the ropes on moving threads.  All the replies after the initial post should be moved.  Weird.  Maybe another glitch in the PM system?  

I know that you must have selected the option to move replies to that message as messages after the one that I moved went into the new thread, but sometimes, a message won't get moved depending on which message was clicked on for the reply.

@Dunkman  all good sir. I know you're just learning the ropes in your new role. ,(Congrats by the way) and thank you for being nice to at least write back.

@computergeek541 took care of it. Maybe he knows more of moving glitches. 

@Jb456 

@Jb456 wrote:

@Dunkman 

Sorry, not sure why. Still learning the ropes on moving threads.  All the replies after the initial post should be moved.  Weird.  Maybe another glitch in the PM system?  

@Dunkman 

Screenshot_20210116_204206.jpg

I see @computergeek541  is online. Maybe he can fix.

In your data settings you may have to "allow" or "switch on" for Google Maps to work with Data. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hebapublic 

The GPS may not be working without wifi on your phone.

Try you PM SIM card on another "known working" phone to determine the source of your problem.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

If it is just your Google Maps App giving you problems try:

• Update your Google Maps App
  • Make sure locations services are turned on
  • Check your wifi or cellular signal, when on data

esjliv_0-1601594227093.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @hebapublic ,

Can you access data at all...like able to access the internet, when you disable you wifi?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@hebapublic what's the make and model of the phone?

• clear the Google maps app storage/cache
  • allow background data and unrestricted data usage for Google maps
  • try uninstalling the app and reinstall

Need Help? Let's chat.