cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to USA?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle
Anyone traveling to USA who can access a US address may find this offer interesting: https://www.freedompop.com/offer/coreprimedeal?&ui=5dd1580e32564d9280306cebe6fde7d0&uc=2i4svgwQ3ViNq...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
11 REPLIES 11

orangeworx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@7789849803: US number billed in US working great in Montreal and Laurentians, better than PM while roaming on Roger's.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I'm with @McLaren, Im a Roam Mobility guy for my short trips to the US.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@orangeworx How is your Cricket (assuming it's a US number, billed in USD) phone working in Canada? What network do you use when in this country?

orangeworx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I actually have me a Cricket line that I use here... Calling and data roaming included and to be honest it's cheaper than my PM line.

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Roammobility is pretty good for travelling to the the US.  Very good rates.  

crazyfrog
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Martin Sorry i had to disagree with you on this 🙂

There have been innumerable complaints about FreedomPop. Any service that doesnt disclose facts before luring you into even trying to add items to their cart is a sham.

What happens when someone is too excited to buy the deal for the phone and doesnt notice the 7.99 per month charges after the 1st month? 

Honest way of doing business is a thing of the past. These crooks must be kicked out of carrying out any business at all.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

On their plan description page, there is a "Basic 500" plan which is always free and includes 200 minutes, 500 texts and 500MB of data, free every month. 

As long as downgrading to this Basic 500 plan is possible without any surprise costs, this is a super hot deal for those who regularly visit the states.  

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

You're welcome.

Martin

Thanks for your input, @Martin.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi 778,

There's no shadiness involved. The shopping cart openly declares what is free and not free. It states, "Cancel or downgrade your service any time."

FYI.

Mayor / Maire

This is quite the deal - thanks for posting this, @Luddite!

I clicked the button to make the purchase right away, since I thought it would be really useful to have a free SIM card to use on my trips south of the border. But then I came across the following on the order page:

Capture3.JPG

It really bothers me when a new, relatively unknown company starts doing these shady trials that you cannot even opt out of. In this case, it eroded all possible trust the company had in my mind. I decided not to go through with the purchase. I'd rather not trade my peace of mind for what will at most be a few measly dollars of savings each time I visit USA. If you're reading, shame on you, FreedomPop!

Need Help? Let's chat.