cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting refund

Tdawg397
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I got an offer to switch my plan from public mobile to Koodo. My question is if I switch to them would I get refunded for the time which I haven’t used. I paid on August 10th for 3 months. So would I get refunded a portion of the payment back. Also if I do go through with the offer in terms of closing my public mobile account, after porting my number with the new company, is there anything else that I need to do with public mobile.

4 REPLIES 4

vp6853
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Maybe contact Koodo and see if they can offer you a credit for migrating.

I remember my nephew had a migration offer and it included a $100 bill credit which I think was to cover any costs left with Public.

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You could always wait until you've used more of your plan before switching. PM is now known to be sending out these migration offers quite frequently so even if you miss this one, there should be another later on.

sacha91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Unfortunately, Public Mobile is a prepaid service.  You have paid for your 3 months in advance, and will not be refunded for the remaining days left unused.  Sorry!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Tdawg397

Since Public Mobile is a prepaid plan, you will not get a refund for the remaining 3 months.  If you had remaining credit with Public Mobile, some people have been able to transfer credit to Koodo account (need to contact moderator).  But, the remaining plan is not refundable.  That is the disavantage of the 3 month plan verus monthly plan.  

Once you port out to new company, your public mobile account is closed.  Maybe to be on safe side, you can remove your autopay from your self service account.  

Good news is that you got a great deal with Koodo

Need Help? Let's chat.