cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting multiple members in household on $40/6GB plan

dcws87
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Has anyone been able to take advantage of the PM switchover promo ($40/6GB) and then add other members of your household to your bill (or even separate bills all under the same address) with them having the same plan?

ie. Can I switch to this new promo and then sign up a few more new accounts for people in my household later on, and have them on the same plan as myself? Or even sign myself up for a second phone number (then give that phone to my spouse) after I'm all set up, and still get this promo that I'd already be paying for?

I'm tempted to switch over, but only if I can get the same plan for everyone else in my house too. If not, then I'll just ride this out 'til the end. 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Early on a few may have been able to sneak on the train without a ticket so to speak.  It is way too late in the game to try this kind of stuff. 

It's possible, but you probably don't want to draw attention to yourself, especially if you've linked your community account to the same e-mail address that is associated with your phone number.  Public Mobile/Telus can  put 2 and 2 together and figure out who you are.

The Koodo $40 6GB plan is only supposed to be offered at a rate of 1 plan activation per Public Mobile phone number on the Fall Promo 2016 plan.

In theory, what you are asking about could be done if the person at the retail store just doesn't care about this or wants the commisions from multiple new activations, each with its own new phone number.  Ordering online at koodomobile.com will also allow you to achieve this, but there have been some reports of Koodo cracking down on this by forcing people to call customers service to activate the service.  Then, customer service is sometimes refusing to complete the activation unless the Public Mobile phone number is transfered over. 

So, it can be done, but there aren't any guarantees.

Need Help? Let's chat.