cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting back old number

MattyMor10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Want to port a number but it says not available. I was will TELUS and cancelled the number in December. I now have a number with you people but would like my old number if possible. I called the old number today and it says um1 the number you have dialed is not in service. Is there anyway for you to assign me that number

3 REPLIES 3

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@MattyMor10 

Once you cancelled your number, the number will be returned to the carrier when you initially got the number from. Your old number will be on hold for 90 days before it is available for anyone who wants it from that carrier.

If you don’t remember which carrier you got the number from. Check you number here:

https://www.carrierlookup.com/ 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Not likely at all, @MattyMor10 

Whereas it was with TELUS, there's a minute chance the customer support agents can work something out, but that's really going to be a rare thing.

Give it a shot, though.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, then type Customer Support Agent, then Contact Us,  or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MattyMor10  Be best to contact Telus and try to get the number on a cheap plan . Then port it over to PM in your account profile page 

Need Help? Let's chat.