cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get the esim QR code for switching from physical SIM

drsihaa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

For some reason, the app tells me my iPhone 13 Pro doesn't support eSIM. But I am 100% sure it does (A2483, MLR63LL/A). Maybe because it is an US model? Now the question becomes 'how to get the esim QR code to scan'.

13pro esim.png

Can I use another phone that can pass through the app check, and will I get an email containing the QR code after I pay $5+tax for the eSIM? Can someone confirm this works?

@CS_Agent 

8 REPLIES 8

MichaelHunter

You are lucky. Like many others I can’t get passed the warning screen that covers the “pay and install” button.  PM service is fine but this app is useless. 

@drsihaa wrote:

As I mentioned, it is a SIM switch.

I am worried that the service will get interrupted somewhere when CS issues the eSIM. I'd like to do it seamlessly.

@drsihaa , the CS_Agents may refuse to send you a QR Code as they have refused to for other Customers when they had issues while installing the eSIM after purchasing it! They have helped some but have refused to help others! Instead they were told to either purchase another eSIM or purchase a new SIM Card!

I was lucky that my eSIM installed automatically after purchasing it! It just took awhile. When I thought the screen was freezing & doing nothing it was actually installing it! I made sure that my screen never timed out. I had to be patient & some people are not!

Edit: If you’re concerned that it may not install for you please send CS_Agent a message before purchasing an eSIM. Ask for Andu to help you! He has helped some others!

@drsihaa wrote:

Is the eSIM QR code included in the email after you make the payment?

HI@drsihaa 

in the welcome letter after you completed the subscription.

Some people do not get the QR code in the letter because of the error they got. If you don't have one , too.  please submit ticket with CS agent

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

drsihaa

As I mentioned, it is a SIM switch.

I am worried that the service will get interrupted somewhere when CS issues the eSIM. I'd like to do it seamlessly.

@drsihaa wrote:

@drsihaa , as per my instructions above, I never received a QR Code in my email!

Edit: The eSIM installed automatically on my iPhone 14 Pro.

drsihaa

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @drsihaa 

is that a new activation?

get another phone or computer to open the Welcome Letter and you can take pictures of the QR code to install

if the installation does not work, still no worries, iPhone 13 Pro's eSIM will work here.  Just submit a ticket with cs agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@drsihaa wrote:

Hi all,

For some reason, the app tells me my iPhone 13 Pro doesn't support eSIM. But I am 100% sure it does (A2483, MLR63LL/A). Now the question becomes 'how to get the esim QR code to scan'.

Can I use another phone that can pass through the app check, and will I get an email containing the QR code after I pay $5+tax for the eSIM? Can someone confirm this works?

@drsihaa , that’s incorrect! Your iPhone 13 Pro is eSIM compatible.

My iPhone 14 Pro did fine which I switched from a SIM Card to the eSIM! I never received the QR Code in my email!
I downloaded the app on my iPhone & did the instructions below.

For Existing Customers:

1. In the Public Mobile app on your Phone go to ‘Subscription & Add-ons’ page in your account to purchase an eSIM. I scrolled down & selected ‘Shop SIM CARD NOW’ then under ‘SELECT SIM CARD TYPE’ select ‘eSIM’ then select ‘PAY NOW’, (I purchased the eSIM using my available balance from points that I redeemed).
  2. Please keep in mind to be patient when installing it, it takes time. Follow the instructions it gives you during this process! After it says on your Phone’s screen that it installed successfully reboot your Phone. ‘With your Phone turned off remove your SIM Card from your Phone’. As an extra measure I reset my Phone’s network settings & rebooted.
  3. In cellular settings make sure that ‘Turn On This Line’ is selected, reboot your phone.

(I had my data on plus my Wi-Fi was turned on & connected to my home internet to be sure I had all connections while doing this)

I received an email notifying me that my SIM Card changed.

‘I can not stress this enough… please be patient when installing the eSIM’.

Turn On This Line

Need Help? Let's chat.