cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future dating...

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

One question I have...

If I future-date a plan change, and then I don't pay to renew my service (ie my account goes suspended/expired) what will happen when I do renew my service (obviously within the 90 day period)?

Will it change to the future-dated plan, or will it renew my older plan? 

8 REPLIES 8

Ok thanks!

@Someone_here wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

Yes, SD08 is right on this. We have had this concern during the fall promo, and we were told that if for some reason it doesn't renew, you will lose the future dated plan. Of course, you can get it if it's still available. 

@NDesai wrote:

You can contact a mod to renew the future date plan a day or two early, but i think they would deny if your account is expired/suspended. 

So, to be sure I understand well, if your account get suspended/expired because a system glitch prevented your account from renewing (ie not your fault);

and you had a future-dated plan change planned, and the plan is not available anymore;

mods would probably not be able to activate for you the plan that was future-dated? (hence your suggestion to renew a day or two before via mods?)

Correct 🙂

I wouldn’t plan for a disruption in renewing to a future dated plan change, however, it could happen.

i would suggest making a screen shot of your planned future dated change (once setup) as a backup, Incase it happens.

@NDesai wrote:

Yes, SD08 is right on this. We have had this concern during the fall promo, and we were told that if for some reason it doesn't renew, you will lose the future dated plan. Of course, you can get it if it's still available. 

@NDesai wrote:

You can contact a mod to renew the future date plan a day or two early, but i think they would deny if your account is expired/suspended. 

So, to be sure I understand well, if your account get suspended/expired because a system glitch prevented your account from renewing (ie not your fault);

and you had a future-dated plan change planned, and the plan is not available anymore;

mods would probably not be able to activate for you the plan that was future-dated? (hence your suggestion to renew a day or two before via mods?)

@Someone_here wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

So, even if you contact a mod instead of renewing yourself, you would still lose the future-dated plan?

@NDesai wrote:

So, even if you contact a mod instead of renewing yourself, you would still lose the future-dated plan?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

While I haven't experienced it myself, I suspect the failure of the renewal might leave your account on the old plan.  Just to be safe, I would get a moderator to do the change/renewal at that point.  In fact, they would have to intervene if the account is still registered to the old plan and expired. 

Need Help? Let's chat.