cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent Billing.

LSachvie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was in the Phillipines for two months so I turned off Automatic payments. I got home last week and signed in. to see it was still on and I had been charged for the 60 days I was away. 

I contacted customer support. and they said they cannot refund it since they say it was enabled. I'm for 100% sure it was turned off and I got billed. 

How do I get my money back. this is fraudulent and the agent even seen there was no usage on my phone at all for over 60 days. 

18 REPLIES 18

@LSachvie wrote:

This is what I turned off and I was still billed anyways. 

The agents refuse to refund me even though there was no usage on my account at all during the times I told them I had payments turned off 

Still no one is refunding me.

PM is Not going to refund you so you should drop this issue.

Unfortunately it is your word against their record and what they see on your account. You might be correct but maybe switch did not work properly or you were looking at old - not refreshed page. Sometimes PM has an issue with obsolete pages displayed.

I do feel your anger. Maybe correct way would be to declare phone lost/stolen instead of pausing service.

Or turning off subscription and then opening a ticket for agent to CONFIRM it is turned off so you have it in writing their confirmation. I know, I know, PITA to do so many steps for something so simple.

Not commenting either way, but I guess that's a lesson to us all to be aware.

LSachvie

This is what I turned off and I was still billed anyways. 

The agents refuse to refund me even though there was no usage on my account at all during the times I told them I had payments turned off 

Still no one is refunding me.

@LSachvie wrote:

I'm not gonna stop messaging till I get my money they fraudulently stole back. 

Nobody CARES if you post 100 posts. PM does NOT read this forum and you risk to be temporary banned from Community.

Open a ticket but if agent says no refund than means NO refund.

Maybe you made mistake turning off autopay as now it is called Subscription:

Yummy_0-1712152503847.png

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@LSachvie 

In case it hasn't been obvious to you, we are just customers on this forum, not public mobile employees.

They'll need to consider your request, there's nothing we can do about it.

What would be worth gold in your situation would be screenshots of the updates you did - do you have any? If so, supply it to them.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, then type Customer Support Agent, then Contact Us,  or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@Esabbah1 wrote:

In order to keep your plan , you have to stay on it. Prepaid, postpaid, doesn't matter who. Or, some providers will let you pay a fee for the months you're not using the phone, whatever that amount is. You could always try to lower the cost of your monthly plan for the months you're not using the device, but you risk not being able to switch back when you decide to use the phone again, as your plan may not be available anymore in market. 

But thinking that you don't have to pay the phone bill at all because you're not using it ? That's not how it works. In order to maintain ownership of your number, the rate plan you currently have, etc , you must pay the rate plan. If you have figured that with automatic top up that they won't cut your number for 89 days if you remove your credit card information, that is awesome. But you forgot to turn it off? Or they billed you anyways because what you're potentially used to doing didn't work this time? That's unfair to put on public mobile, just because you didn't get a free ride this time around

Public Mobile does not have a a "vacation plan" or any fee that can be be paid to keep an account active, other than the fact that the account can't stay in suspension for 90 days without the account getting closed.  Please see that the customer has stated that autopay was turned off.  In those cases, it's absolutely true that there is no bill to pay if the customer doesn't use the service (assuming that the plan didn't yet renew).  

@LSachvie wrote:

I was in the Phillipines for two months so I turned off Automatic payments. I got home last week and signed in. to see it was still on and I had been charged for the 60 days I was away. 

I contacted customer support. and they said they cannot refund it since they say it was enabled. I'm for 100% sure it was turned off and I got billed. 

How do I get my money back. this is fraudulent and the agent even seen there was no usage on my phone at all for over 60 days. 

Only customer support agents can help with this.  Posting messages here won't yield any results.  To get this refunded, you'll need to continue the dicussion with the CSAs.

Esabbah1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

In order to keep your plan , you have to stay on it. Prepaid, postpaid, doesn't matter who. Or, some providers will let you pay a fee for the months you're not using the phone, whatever that amount is. You could always try to lower the cost of your monthly plan for the months you're not using the device, but you risk not being able to switch back when you decide to use the phone again, as your plan may not be available anymore in market. 

But thinking that you don't have to pay the phone bill at all because you're not using it ? That's not how it works. In order to maintain ownership of your number, the rate plan you currently have, etc , you must pay the rate plan. If you have figured that with automatic top up that they won't cut your number for 89 days if you remove your credit card information, that is awesome. But you forgot to turn it off? Or they billed you anyways because what you're potentially used to doing didn't work this time? That's unfair to put on public mobile, just because you didn't get a free ride this time around

Strange indeed. I've never heard of this experience before. 

Well, unfortunately,  we are customers like you here, so nothing we can do. No sense in spamming the community. 

Use the chatbot to submit a ticket. Or use the same method you used already. Escalate if you have to. 

Good luck.

LSachvie

The toggle was off for automatic payments in manage subscription before i left I came home and it was back on and I was billed the whole time

LSachvie

I'm not gonna stop messaging till I get my money they fraudulently stole back. 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

That sure is a bummer! You might have turned it off, but perhaps didn't click save? How did you turn it off? 

If you already contacted them and they said they will not refund you,  there is not much we can  do here. This has never happened to me, but I'm sure that if you turned it off, Public Mobile cannot and will not turn it back on.

Maybe sent another message and try someone else and explain. 

LSachvie

Not cool

LSachvie

Where do I get real support for a refund for the months I didn't use 

LSachvie

I don't want to pay for services I didn't use when I had automatic payments disabled 

LSachvie

My last provider always kept payments off while I was away and didn't turn them back on without consent.

LSachvie

I had automatic payments turned off and they fraudulently turned it back on without my knowledge and continued to bill me.

LSachvie

I want my money back 

Need Help? Let's chat.