cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Five Days Later: Port in of Speakout Number Not Complete Even Though Speakout Claims they're Good

breakfasttv
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The person who got me this Speakout Plan is upset for me.  

On Dec. 25 at 12:02 am, he set up the plan on Public Mobile.  He had ported in my phone number from Speakout.  Everything worked in a few hours EXCEPT incoming calls.  After asking about this PM's mod said that the PIN #  I gave didn't work.  I spent nearly an hour trying to reach Speakout, who confirmed my PIN was what I provide to PM.  

The PM mod also said I needed to provide an account # from SO.  I told him what is all over this board: that SO does not use account #'s so people suggest using the phone # as the account number.  

SO must have completed the port as their SIM is no longer recognized if I put it in a phone.

I gave all this info to PM a day ago, also calling SO yesterday and SO confirmed they completed their portion of the port and sent an email to PM on Dec. 26.  Now it's Dec. 29 and I still have no incoming call service and no one from the PM team has emailed me since yesterday.

Super frustrating.  And the guy who got me the plan looks helpless/sad.  

This is probably a one second "accept" by PM that needs to be done on PM's system now that SO has verified the provided info.  Sadly that happened on Dec. 26 and I have heard crickets from PM trying to get this last "accept" to complete the port.

2 REPLIES 2

breakfasttv
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks.  I do agree with you.  I like your line about pretty much the only thing that is less is the support.  

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@breakfasttv wrote:

The person who got me this Speakout Plan is upset for me.  

On Dec. 25 at 12:02 am, he set up the plan on Public Mobile.  He had ported in my phone number from Speakout.  Everything worked in a few hours EXCEPT incoming calls.  After asking about this PM's mod said that the PIN #  I gave didn't work.  I spent nearly an hour trying to reach Speakout, who confirmed my PIN was what I provide to PM.  

The PM mod also said I needed to provide an account # from SO.  I told him what is all over this board: that SO does not use account #'s so people suggest using the phone # as the account number.  

SO must have completed the port as their SIM is no longer recognized if I put it in a phone.

I gave all this info to PM a day ago, also calling SO yesterday and SO confirmed they completed their portion of the port and sent an email to PM on Dec. 26.  Now it's Dec. 29 and I still have no incoming call service and no one from the PM team has emailed me since yesterday.

Super frustrating.  And the guy who got me the plan looks helpless/sad.  

This is probably a one second "accept" by PM that needs to be done on PM's system now that SO has verified the provided info.  Sadly that happened on Dec. 26 and I have heard crickets from PM trying to get this last "accept" to complete the port.

@breakfasttvSorry for all your trouble, I know it can be really frustrating but things are usually good just try to remember “Less for less” is their company statement, and the only thing less is official customer service, a lot less. Its why they are so cheap. Things WILL work and WILL be good, the only time you will be cheesed is when you need an accurate response in a timely manner from the moderator team. Just hold on a little longer and they will get back to you.

Need Help? Let's chat.