cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Month Free

miss_liona
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was told that the promo I had while joining up on August 29th was I received my first month free. I used a referral and was told I’d get $10 off my next month. However my card was charged for my first month at full amount on August 31st. What gives?

9 REPLIES 9

They really should advertise it more like "Buy two months for the price of one" or "Buy one month, get one free".

You have to pay for the plan to start the first month (or rather, first 30 day cycle) of service.

PM deposits credit for the following month (and any credit for referral) into your account balance some days later. These Available Funds automatically get used up when your plan renews on the second month (or rather, second 30 day cycle) of service.

Referral credit usually gets deposited within 3 business days. Promo credit usually takes about the same, maybe a few days longer, specific details are always explained on the relevant promo announcement page.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@miss_liona  You had to enter your email address into a link by August 31st 11:59PM Est before activating a sim card. Did you do this step?

If you completed all the terms credit is applied within 30 days. Likely after promo ends Sept 11th.

Link below to enter email is no longer valid. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before August 31, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate before September 11, 2020, 11:59PM ET to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you still need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on any plan by September 11, 2020, 11:59PM ET.
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  6. This offer is not stackable with other in-market promotions

“Second Month Free” or maybe the wording was “First Renewal Free” but bottom line is that you’re covered for your next renewal. Even the $2 Autopay credit doesn’t happen when you sign up but you will get $2 Autopay Reward twice for your first renewal to make up for that as well.

AE_Collector

@Jb456 wrote:

Welcome the both of you @@RosieR @miss_liona  to Public Mobile! Enjoy the savings 🙂

@Jb456 thank you so much 5177

Welcome the both of you @@RosieR @miss_liona  to Public Mobile! Enjoy the savings 🙂

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@miss_liona wrote:

I was told that the promo I had while joining up on August 29th was I received my first month free. I used a referral and was told I’d get $10 off my next month. However my card was charged for my first month at full amount on August 31st. What gives?

Hi @miss_liona so there you go.  According to our knowledgeable users above, you'll get your second month free and the $10 referral credit will appear in your account in a few days.

I'm also new and I am learning a lot from our very helpful Community members.  Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community!  Cheers!  1

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@miss_liona 

The first month is to get everything set up. The second month you will get the free month. And the $10 credit should come within a few days from activation 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@miss_liona wrote:

@miss_liona hi it is your second month that is free welcome to public!!

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@miss_liona your second month is free not  the initial activation. you should see the $12 credit in your account by now

Need Help? Let's chat.