cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feels bad - screwed over a friend

banjochow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I recommended PM to a friend and they bought in at the current prices. It feels really bad knowing how bad the current value is. (They were better off with there old plan)

Is it possible for them to switch to a new PM plan when/if the company finally wakes up?
Or should I just be honest and tell them their current plan sucks?
21 REPLIES 21

Garry
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When I hear the word "Bell".........It reminds me of the Corner Gas episode with "Wullerton"...... **Spit**

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
@stonechucker I have always had pretty good luck with retention. Bell was only a few dollars off of what PM's old plan was. And when I had home Internet choices I always did well with them.

Luckily PM doesn't have a retention department.  More hassle than it's worth.

A retention department has never given me a deal that was suitable.  I have always left.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

unfortunately PM doesn't have a retention department like other companies, so I would recommend your friend just take off, or perhaps leave a suspended account at PM.

@Longshot the slower data speed plans are equal to previous high speed pricing

The new high speed pricing vs slow data speed pricing is the difference for whichever plan you are on

All carriers increase prices over time just some people can't let go of the old promotions

Anyways welcome aboard! Cat Very Happy

Longshot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
How much better were plans before? I just signed up last week. I'm getting about twice as much data for less than half the cost of what I was paying before so in my case I consider PM a win. Just how cheap are we talking?

Garry
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Or you can join Koodo with 2GB LTE etc. for $45* after bill credit.

*They have a $10 bill credit for 6 months....... ***Promo ends today***

fwiw.......It's terrible that we as happy PM clients have to recommend the competition!!!! 😞

That's weird the system deleted the Zoomer posts?

Something set off the spam bot lol

Read the TOS for Zoomer they are odd to say the least (seems we can not post them here though)

@stonechucker it is a promotion and one you only get if you sign a 2 year contract and get a credit check

Nowhere similar to prepay whatsover

The fine print is also odd

*Lifetime Rewards Bundle: 10% off plan fees, and the annual cost of CARP membership dues, Zoomer Magazine subscription and $5 CARP Chapter donation are available with 2-year wireless service agreement, and provided for as long as you are a Zoomer Wireless customer. For customers that currently have a CARP membership, membership and subscription will start upon expiration of existing CARP membership. For customers that do not have a CARP membership, membership and subscription will start immediately upon signup with the Zoomer Wireless program

Lifetime Rewards Bundle cannot be combined with Bring Your Own Phone discount, Snowbird plans, Tablet Data plans, Wireless Home Phone. Some conditions apply, call for details.

Ok great my CARP membership is free... WTF is a CARP membership? Cat Frustrated

carp-logo

@stonechucker wrote:

I keep seeing you listing the Zoomer plan @will13am, however I can't seem to find it on the website.  The only plan for $40.50 I see is a 500 MB plan, not 2 GB.

Thanks folks, didn't think that was it, as the phone tight there made me think it was cell phone ad.

Yes the Zoomer offer is still there

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

I keep seeing you listing the Zoomer plan @will13am, however I can't seem to find it on the website.  The only plan for $40.50 I see is a 500 MB plan, not 2 GB.

I just checked, still right there on the scrolling part of the landing page. 

Screenshot_2017-07-24-13-03-07.png

@stonechucker wrote:

I just checked, still right there on the scrolling part of the landing page. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

when did your friend order teh simcard and activate it  there is a small window of time the mods are honoring the old plans.

as for him ording a higer prices plan,  i'm sorry but i would have been asking you hey i though the plans were $ for this but its noe $$$ whats up.  your friend willingly went through the whole processes and didnt realise they were paying more than their current porvider?

as @will13am  until the 31st zoomer is where i am reccomending people to go.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@banjochow, I strongly suggest helping the friend move to a different service asap.  Waiting for another promo provides no guarantee of when and by how much these exorbitant prices will drop by.  Given the latest price increase, I am very comfortable in saying that the 2016 fall promo ($40 for 4 gigs of unthrottled LTE data) will never come back.  Right now, the best deal for a talk, text, data plan is offered by zoomer wirless (runs on Rogers network).  $40.50 gets you 2 gigs of unthrottled LTE data and 500 daytime Canada minutes (unlimited evenings and weekends).  This offer includes a free low end phone.  Offer expires July 31, 2017.  So act fast. 

http://www.zoomerwireless.ca/

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

I would be honest and tell him, that with the current prices there is no great value and maybe he should better off with an other better offer if found.

Sure I will lose 3$, but I rather save him 10 times that amount .

I was about to refer two friends to PM, a week ago, and then I told them to look somewhere else just the day of price changes, they are now with videotron and Freedom. 

Now if he wants to still join then sure, it is his decision, just make sure he knows what is he getting himself into, if not, then *we* and he will keep an eye on the next promotion (finger crossed on the next promotions value) and evaluate with as well. 

The only thing I can vouch for on PM now , is the great community members and the great moderators and their support, theese two are the only good thing right NOW. (Hopefully prices would join this list)

Michael77
These plans may not be for everyone but there may be some people who will like them. There will be other promotions.

You didn't hold abucket of ice water over their head when they subscribed, so why do you feel bad?

they chose to join PM.  Not you.  Get over it.

CalvinW
Good luck if you still expect PM to actually launch a good promo again. I feel the same way after recommending PM to my relatives.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

Yes, they can change their plan at anytime whenever a promo deal turns up. They can change it right away, or closer to when their current cycle ends, or a future date plan change. I would recommend changing the plan near the end of their plan cycle, just to avoid paying more than they should.

Need Help? Let's chat.