cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback for PM re: porting a number

kyliehut
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi PM people,

It would be helpful in the instructions for porting a phone number if you specified when you're asking for information on the old and new phone number, e.g. number, account number, etc.

Thx,

Kylie

4 REPLIES 4

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@kyliehut wrote:

Hi PM people,

It would be helpful in the instructions for porting a phone number if you specified when you're asking for information on the old and new phone number, e.g. number, account number, etc.

Thx,

Kylie

For porting, why would Public ask for info about the Public account? The info for porting is so old carrier knows it's you requesting the port.

@will13am wrote:

From my perspective, it's pretty intuitive that the information needed is that of the old service.  

Sure, for those folks that are either, 1.) tech savvy, or 2.) well versed in all things cell phone related.

Personally, I'm not particularly well versed about cell phone stuff, but am tech savvy enough that I don't usually have a problem with searching for the necessary info myself, but based on the threads I see on these forums, it's obvious that a lot of people are neither 1.) nor 2.), and require a fair amount of help.....

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

From my perspective, it's pretty intuitive that the information needed is that of the old service.  

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.