cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exiting Voice Mail System

dschmidt20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have listened to the voicemail message and then deleted it by pressing "7" .What do I press now press to exit the voicemail system?  I tried a number of keys. I keep getting the voice prompt "waiting for your response"  I just turned off the phone to get disconnected. Very frustrating.

8 REPLIES 8

canadagates
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I resorted to calling myself and hanging up with the ringing started. Only then did the red hang up button appear on the voicemail call (before that it was green, as if I wasn't connected). I agree very frustrating.

ecowen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you.  I'm spending some time on a ferry this morning travelling from Horseshoe Bay to the Sunshine Coast, so I'll work on the whole system.  It's great to know I have the back up of Public's Community.  I find it easier than waiting for a customer service rep on the phone.  I had some issues when starting up and I did receive a call from the mods, so if you need it youl will be able to actually talk to a human.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ecowen wrote:

Thanks for this.  I'm new to using voice mail and I have part of it figured out, but not how to record the answering message messages.

This is the part of the voicemail system dealing with the greetings.

ecowen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks for this.  I'm new to using voice mail and I have part of it figured out, but not how to record the answering message messages.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dschmidt20 anytime someone leaves you a voicemail you see an icon at the top of your phone display (the tape recording icon).  Once you finish listening to the voicemail just press 7 to delete the message and then you can hang up the call.  There's no additional number to press. Once you hang up give it a few seconds, then that icon at the top of your phone display should disappear. 

dschmidt20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I left myself a message and retreived it, there was a red icon with a phone at the bottom of the screen .After listening to the call and deleting the message, I just touched it. And it hung up.  However, that icon wasn't there this morning. I did find that I had the phone on mute, maybe that effects what icons appear.    

Thanks for your answer. 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@dschmidt20 on public mobile there's no key to press to exit,  just hang up when you're done! 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@dschmidt20 wrote:

I have listened to the voicemail message and then deleted it by pressing "7" .What do I press now press to exit the voicemail system?  I tried a number of keys. I keep getting the voice prompt "waiting for your response"  I just turned off the phone to get disconnected. Very frustrating.

On the iPhone, I just press the hang-up button. Not sure of other phones though. Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.