cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message 821

Nessastj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I am trying to activate a SIM card to transfer my mom's number to public mobile as well. At first I got to the last part and it told be there was an error with activating the account. Error 821. Now when I try again, it's saying the number is not a Canadian number. I am not sure if the SIM card is activated yet. Could someone please help me? 

Thanks, 

7 REPLIES 7

@Nessastj  - you may also use this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

to submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help.

If it's Koodo prepaid then you can click this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Customer Support Agent (CSA). 

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

But if you already submitted a ticket, than disregard above. Good luck and welcome to PM!

@Nessastj   are you on Koodo Prepaid?  If so, the porting process is slightly different.  With Koodo prepaid, the usua way is to get a temporary number first , then open ticket with PM and they will manually port the number

But again, no worry, PM Support will help.  Just check your Community inbox tomorrow for their reply

If there is no response by noon, message them again

Nessastj

Yes I did, and the old provider is Koodo. 

Okay thank you I will private message them. 

Thank you for all your help! 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Nessastj 

so is charged then not try again to activated just contact support team by private message CS_Agent  to fix it.

@Nessastj   

Curious, you entered IMEI for porting info?  Which provider is your old provider?

and no worry, Contact PM support via direct message.   

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply you there

It's late now, very likely they won't reply until tomorrow.  But please message them now

Nessastj

Thanks you for your response! They have charged me, but the SIM is not activated. It cannot make outgoing call, or take incoming calls. 

So what would be next step in this case?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Nessastj   

DO NOT try to re-attempt activation.  PM might have charged you already.  

Error 821 usually comes up when you request porting and used IMEI as the information for the old provider

First check if PM charge your credit card yet.  
Also, put the PM SIM in a phone and check if it connects to PM network and if it can make outgoing calls

If PM has not charge you and the sim card is not connecting, then the activation didn't completed. 
You can try to activate again and request porting, but try to enter the account number of the old provider instead of IMEI.  

If PM has already charged you, then you need to open ticket with PM support and have them to sort out the activation and porting issue.  Since you likely unable to login to My Account yet and open ticket, please open ticket by direct messaging PM support instead
            https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.