cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 837

Mahakamal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

58D260CC-8ED6-412C-8BD8-2369A2C57F08.png

I’ve tried activating my SIM numerous times times but every time I get a message saying “unable to process your request. Error 837.” Does anyone know what this means?

11 REPLIES 11

@samsam   you can try again, please use Account number

No worry if you see the error saying  "Not a Canadian phone number".  If you see it, it just mean the porting request was stuck on the system from your earlier request

but if you got error 837, make sure you got the correct CC info. There were couple users came back confirmed they put in wrong CC info or the card was indeed locked and hence got error 837

samsam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

did not charged, i do not see the transaction on credit card

@samsam wrote:

PM did charged me. that means i should be able to do the activate sim process again?

@samsam   PM did charge you or did  NOT charge you?

samsam

PM did charged me. that means i should be able to do the activate sim process again?

@samsam   

Did you check if PM charged you?

But your previous porting attempt likely got stuck in the system and won't be able to request porting. 

Best to ask PM support to confirm the number is not stuck with the previous porting attempt before you try to activate again

samsam

should I go through the activating process again ? or just wait the cs agent to reply?

@samsam   if you need to activate again, please provide account number instead of IMEI.  Account number has better success than IMEI

samsam

i put both , the IMEI , old service provider, phone number, sim card. 

@samsam   so, your original port in request was using an IMEI?

PM support usually reply within 1 to 2 hours.  If no response in another hour, just message them again

samsam

i am having the same problem , new user , went through the process of activating the sim with the port-in information. created a ticket, but didnt get any reply for the past hour 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mahakamal 

DO NOT try to re-attempt activation.  PM might have charged you already.  

Error 837 usually comes up when you request porting and used IMEI as the information for the old provider OR it has a problem with the credit card you provided 

First check if PM charge your credit card yet.  

Also, put the PM SIM in a phone and check if it connects to PM network and if it can make outgoing calls

If PM has not charge you and the sim card is not connecting, then the activation didn't completed. 

You can try to activate again and request porting, but try to enter the account number of the old provider instead of IMEI.   Also, confirm you put in correct information of your credit card

If PM has already charged you, then you need to open ticket with PM support and have them to sort out the activation and porting issue.  Since you likely unable to login to My Account yet and open ticket, please open ticket by direct messaging PM support instead

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.