cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enough is enough......

Garry
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Every thread posted is the same thing here.......

There's an individual that has an issue, and one of the regular posters responds with details on how to get assistance via contacting a mod by providing a link.

Why does Public Mobile not have an "Assistance Required" or "Need Assistance" hot button that sends a form with specific details directly to the moderators?

Is it really that difficult? SMH....

18 REPLIES 18

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

the problem is people don't like to search before they post.

Right here is a classic example of the current issue in oor Community

Check out how many people jumped into thread trying to help and yet noone seems to have noticed the most important fact the OP mentioned

All the other steps and suggestions are just wasting the OPs time and frustrating them further (to the point they started a 2nd thread now asking for a refund)

I know people like to help. I know people like to get bravos.

But the community really is like dropping a cow into a pirahna filled aquarium these days

Feeding frenzy

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/I-set-up-APN-but-my-phone-is-still-no...

@koimr1 yeah thats different

Sometimes you can tell when 1 person is copy/paste or writing longer so by time post is completed there are now 5 other answers

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@koimr1 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@kav2001c  I agree 100%  If one post says how to contact mods there is no need for another 5 saying the same thing.  the only exception is if the posts are within 5-10 minutes of each other. 

We should  always strive to add relevant or addintional informantion to posts and not repeat a post.

Hehe, I try to only post when no one else has posted something similar and almost always after I hit the "Post" button I'll see five posts added while I had been typing that say the same thing as me. 🙂

@koimr1 Thats why i put in th 5-10 minute exception 🙂  it happens to all of us 🙂  

koimr1

@mimmo wrote:

@kav2001c  I agree 100%  If one post says how to contact mods there is no need for another 5 saying the same thing.  the only exception is if the posts are within 5-10 minutes of each other. 

We should  always strive to add relevant or addintional informantion to posts and not repeat a post.

Hehe, I try to only post when no one else has posted something similar and almost always after I hit the "Post" button I'll see five posts added while I had been typing that say the same thing as me. 🙂

mimmo

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Make-Simon-More-Visible/idi-p/209798

Many of the repeat threads are obvious issues as well that could be solved with a simple search

I mean really if you had a problem with say a port, posting here and getting 10 replies about how to contact the mods is tedious

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Garry, when there are repetitive threads with user problems, it tells me the forum is performing its intended purpose. The question of why the same problems over and over again is a different one.  Yes, Public Mobile is culpable for not getting on with fixing known issues.  One could also look at the customer base and ask why are they asking the same question that a different customer asked all of a day or a few hours ago.  This one, I have no answer for.  I frequent a cellular forum where a thread posted as a stickie lasted for around 5 years in which the same questions were asked over and over again about a certain 5 step process.  Maybe people just like to ask the same thing but in their own words only. 

Bottom line is this, people come to this site to seek help or offer help on the Public Mobile service.  It is self evident that you are not here for either of these.  Rather than be judgmental and raise blood pressure for nothing, why not avoid this site unless you are here to seek help or offer help. 

imm1304

Yeah but its not HOT 😛 

@ute1978 wrote:

@Garry wrote:

Why does Public Mobile not have an "Assistance Required" or "Need Assistance" hot button

In case you haven't noticed it. The HELP button is right there. People just don't see it.

help.PNG

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Garry well said, there should have sticky also

ute1978

@Garry wrote:

Why does Public Mobile not have an "Assistance Required" or "Need Assistance" hot button

In case you haven't noticed it. The HELP button is right there. People just don't see it.

help.PNG

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@Garry People have different preference in terms of how they want to get helped. 

Some people prefer someone just giving them quick fixes and quick answers and that is where community members are very helpful. You can get quick fixes, answers, helpful tips from community members here almost in seconds. 

Majority of issues are resolved with community members quick help. This is very helpful at peak times and after hours when the mods are not available. 

If you prefer, you can always directly send a private message to the mods and wait patiently for a response. 

mimmo

@PJC wrote:

But the root cause I think is still all the bugs floating around, so if Public Mobile can get on fixing them, there will be a lot less of the same questions! 

@PJC Bang on if PM decided to invest money in fixing it's issues ( using issues rather than bugs) the posts in the community would be greatly reduced.  Also If members did a search before posting they would also find their question has  probably already been answered.

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I guess it is also part of the business model where the target market are those individuals who can take care of things themselves. 

By having members posting their issue on the community, this acts as a filter to the mods with other members trying to see if the issue can be resolved and thereby directing only the issues that can be resolved by the moderators, reducing the load on the moderators' shoulders.

But the root cause I think is still all the bugs floating around, so if Public Mobile can get on fixing them, there will be a lot less of the same questions! 

Michael77

@Garry wrote:

Every thread posted is the same thing here.......

There's an individual that has an issue, and one of the regular posters responds with details on how to get assistance via contacting a mod by providing a link.

Why does Public Mobile not have an "Assistance Required" or "Need Assistance" hot button that sends a form with specific details directly to the moderators?

Is it really that difficult? SMH....

@Garry,

It is a bit tiring seeing people provide the same advice over and over again. Perhaps there should be place for people to go for a quick fix. The problem is that the site is just not user friendly. 

imm1304

There is nothing preventing an individual from directly contacting the mods via a private message to get help.  

Being a PM customer requires a bit of self directed learning at the beginning.  Once familiar with the options available via selfserve and understanding that the mods are the customer service agents for PM, people tend to do just fine managing their accounts without much help from the forum members.  

mimmo

@Garry I agree with you. I remember asking the ability to include private info in posts only visable to mods, that way they didnt have to ask for account  verification info. There have been minor improvements like tge moderator_team instead of taggging individual mods.

In the end there are two routes for assistance messaging mods straight away or posting in the community.  When posting to the community  I would say many/most  issues are times issues are account related and 90% of those need moderator intervention.

The posts you are referring to are a way to avoid people asking how do I contact moderators and encourage people to include the needed information.

If you know you have an account related issue message the mods directly.

We have been waiting for a long promised proper ticketing system but if and when it arrives no one knows. Till then we have to do our best in an not so ideal environment.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Sometimes it's an issue the customer can repair with the Community's assistance. Only the moderators can access someone's account to reinitialize, adjust plan, provide credits, etc.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.