cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email address change

hayward3409
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

First off, trying to get help from Public Mobile is the worst! Who ever heard of not being able to speak to a representative..

I have 2 accounts in my name. Both using different email addresses.

The one account is for my son's phone.

I recently changed debit cards and need to update the payment method.

The email address used for my son's phone is no longer valid.

When I try to login to the account, it wants to validate that it's me, but will only do so by sending an email.... Which of course is no longer valid.

I need to speak with someone to fix this as my son's phone is now not active due to a missed payment.

10 REPLIES 10

@hayward3409   if you don't mind, please open a ticket with support and they will reply shortly

For voucher, you can get it from ding.com/recharge.com/muskbird.com (with a small fee) and then you can help to load the voucher for your son by calling 1.855.4PUBLIC.  Once loaded, your son just need to wait 10 mins and restart his phone

Hope this helps

hayward3409

Wow, super condescending and not helpful at all.

A voucher, not an option.

I'm at work, my son in a different city.

Maybe I can suggest to him get a voucher... Oh wait, he can't access anything on his phone!!!!

Perhaps I can try and change the address through the chatbot...oh wait I can't verify anything because the email address used to set up(years ago) is no longer active!

Speaking with a real live person would have solved this hours ago

@hayward3409 

When you activated here, did you not know that it was an online based service platform?

There’s no mention of any contact number or live support – shouldn’t come as a surprise.

Anyway, you’ve created a ticket so it’s just a matter of waiting and checking the private message box associated with your community account that you placed a ticket with.

or place another service ticket…

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 

2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@hayward3409 wrote:

Most frustrating annoying experience ever.

I'll be changing providers.

Worst customer service ever

@hayward3409 

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Public mobile customer service is not live and in real time.  It takes time for CSA to respond to tickets and private messages.  Their hours of operation:   Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST.

In the old days, sometimes it took a few days for CSA to respond, but recently usually within a few hours.  

To reduce costs of the plans, PM decided on this customer service model. This service model does not work for every customer though.  

That's always an option. Along with the others offered. You can buy vouchers online too. You can also enter them in from any phone using 1-855-4pu-blic.

hayward3409

Most frustrating annoying experience ever.

I'll be changing providers.

Worst customer service ever

@hayward3409 wrote:

Ticket was created.... Yesterday...no reply

This is ridiculous

@hayward3409 the reply from support could be a bit slow yesterday

Did you message them or via Chatbot?

If you have not open a ticket with Chatbot yet, please open it again.  With Chatbot, you get a ticket number for referece

If you already opened one in Chatbot, please go back to your sent box ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/outbox ) , locate the email and reply it back to CS_Agent for an update

The suggestion of a voucher above will then reactivate the service which would allow using sms to verify. The email address is just a login id.

Then you can change the card.

Then you can take your time asking support to change the email address.

There's also a real time payment method available in some stores.

hayward3409

Ticket was created.... Yesterday...no reply

This is ridiculous

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@hayward3409   sorry, there is no number to call for support for PM, you need to open ticket to engage them and they will reply you via messages on Community inbox

In your case, open a ticket with PM support to try to get into your son's account first:

1.  Open ticket with Chatbot for faster response (2-48 hours), using direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Forgot Login Information", then click "Contact Us",, then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. if you have problem with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at:    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

Also, if you want to resume service quicker without access My Account, you can get a voucher from SDM/711/Shell/London drug and load the voucher via *611

Need Help? Let's chat.