cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effect on Reward when suspending 2 months

Luna_babe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm a new user of PM (from yesterday)and got the 2GB bonus on my plan for 6 months. I will travel to Europe in September and October and plan to suspend my mobile plan for 2 months. Will that affect my bonus reward?

Also, I'm on autopay now. How can I suspend the payment for that 2 months?

Thanks a lot for any help!

4 REPLIES 4

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Most likely - yes. Promo is for 6 months from the day you signed up. If you are off 2 months you will actually enjoy bonus for 4 months only. PM will not extend of delay promo just because you are off.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Luna_babe  - rewards will not be applied during suspended status.

But to turn off autopay while you are away, you can dial 611 from your device, or log into self serve and disable autopay that way.

If you have enough available funds to renew your plan, then you plan will renew. But if you list your phone into lost/stolen status this will also prevent any funds from being taken and your plan will go into suspended status after you list it lost/stolen.

Just remember to reactive before 90 days. After 90 days in suspended status your account is close and you lose your account and number, and access to self serve.

edit: Note, if someone referred you to public mobile and they are getting a refer a friend reward, that too, will not be applied while you are suspended. But should be back, once you reactivate.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Luna_babe 

For the  2GB activation bonus, I think  it is YMMV

Based on the offer details:

Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.

I guess no matter what, you would rather suspended the account to save money for the 2 months anyway.  So, just suspend it first.  When you come back in 2 months, if you don't see it there after re-activating the account, open ticket with PM  CS agent and ask them and see if they can put it back

Of course, let us know  🙂

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Luna_babe hi you will lose all bonus promos or rewards while suspended they will resume when you reactivate plan you can remove autopay in your self serve account in payment section

Need Help? Let's chat.