cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESim

yeahfood
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If a phone has been factory reset would the e sim be erased aswell? I have a stolen phone but it still seems to be receiving texts im wondering if this would be the case if there was no e sim found. Looking for clarity on this subject. Thanks in advance for any input.

Phone in question is an iPhone 12 pro max.

5 REPLIES 5

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did I read this correctly— you have a STOLEN PHONE and your asking for help ?

HI @yeahfood 

i am a bit confused, then do you see the Public Mobile sim under Settings->Cellular?

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @yeahfood 

yes, the esim will be erased with the phone (unless you click the save esim before wiping the phone,  but I think that only is an option for iPhone)

this is the option to keep the esim before Restting phone, only on iOS 17 and above

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/105090#:~:text=If%20you%20use%20an%20eSIM,eSIM%20and%20erase%20your%....

and new Android also has the feature to "Keep eSIM and Reeset"

yeahfood
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I currently have imessage disabled i was just inquiring because if it was not erased it would indicate the phone itself hasn't been erased. I also did some security changes on Google and it notified me im still signed in on my iPhone. Is this also a clear indication the phone has yet to be tampered with? Thank you again in advance.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @yeahfood 

yes, the esim will be erased with the phone (unless you click the save esim before wiping the phone,  but I think that only is an option for iPhone)

you can still receive text , because you are using iMessage and not really SMS

but you an get esim back for free.  Just download PM app, login and use email to receive 2FA.  Go to Account page on the app and buy the new esim from there.  It is supposed to be free, but sometimes the system will still charge you $5.  Just get it first and you can ask support agent to reimburse you the $5 if the app really charged you

Need Help? Let's chat.