cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-SIM

SR02
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, 

I am thinking of getting the iPhone 14 pro and am wondering if Public Mobile supports Esim?? 

9 REPLIES 9

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@SR02  at the moment, use eSIM only if you absolutely need it, like you have no spare physical sim slot

the current eSIM work, but if you ever deleted the eSIM (maybe by mistake), or you want to change phone, PM cannot provide you with replacment eSIM, not yet.  Hopefully sometime soon. 

So, I would go with physical sim for now, until PM fixes all the little things with eSIM , then you can migrate over 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@SR02  Physical SIM card is better in my opinion anyways . So the way it is now if you had eSIM and broke phone and got a new one you have to go to physical sim anyways . And even if you could go with eSIM again it will cost $5 to do so . At least with physical sim you just switch it out of broke phone and into new phone . No cost to do that . And if you like to try different devices it’s easier to just swap physical SIM card more pains and cost associated with eSIM with no real Benefit from my point a view 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The US iphone 14 is esim only. The Canadian model has both. Yes this place can sign up on an esim. Existing accounts can not change to it.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@SR02 wrote:

I couldn’t find it in the app. I am a current customer and was not able to find anywhere on the app about ESIM

@SR02 - check out the GET HELP articles. Here is one that may help: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/subscribing and https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/esim-faqs

SR02

I couldn’t find it in the app. I am a current customer and was not able to find anywhere on the app about ESIM

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@SR02  You can get the new iPhone just swap your current SIM card into it and away you go 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

iphone 14 is compatible @SR02 . You need to activate through the public mobile APP. If you activate an ESIM with a different phone, then want to transfer it to the iphone 14, you cannot do this currently. Or, you can get a physical SIM, than use another phone with the same phone number and account, if you switch phones. You need to activate using the iphone14.

edit, missing wording

SR02

Shoot, so does that mean I can’t get the iPhone 14 pro? 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@SR02  Yes you can get eSIM at PM but only for new activations . Not if your a current customer thou for now anyways 

Need Help? Let's chat.