cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped calls?

Ben_Kayfetz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

I've been with PM for about 4 years now.

The quality of service has been the best I've had ever. I can't remember ever having any dropped calls since going with PM. In the past I was with Fido, Wind and Rogers.

However in the last week or so I am seeing a lot of dropped calls. At least a couple of times a day.

It may have been since I switch plans to the new black Friday package, but not sure.

Has anyone else been noticing dropped calls lately?

TIA

Ben

3 REPLIES 3

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ben_Kayfetz: One of my friends did port (not switch like you did but they ported) during the black Friday deals and they had huge issues with dropped calls being the major issue; to the point they left public mobile. They even did a comparison of public mobile data speeds at several different locations with their friends and they seem to get very low data speeds (not 5G or even 4G) at all the locations they tested this. So while I cannot say for sure exactly if it's something to do with public mobile black friday deals of public mobile as overall. I've written this to the service agents as well as our comparison measurements but yet to receive a reply. 🙂

If you are consistently dropping calls I would suggest direct messaging the service agents so at least they know.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ben_Kayfetz  Do you know if your phone has / account has voLTE ?? You can test this by turning off wifi and set phone to LTE . Now make a call does it drop to 3G or stay on LTE ?? If it drops to 3G then voLTE is not enabled . So I would try putting phone to 3G and see if that helps  with voice 

@Ben_Kayfetz wrote:

Hi All,

I've been with PM for about 4 years now.

The quality of service has been the best I've had ever. I can't remember ever having any dropped calls since going with PM. In the past I was with Fido, Wind and Rogers.

However in the last week or so I am seeing a lot of dropped calls. At least a couple of times a day.

It may have been since I switch plans to the new black Friday package, but not sure.

Has anyone else been noticing dropped calls lately?

I have not noticed any different in call reliability.   There could be some network maintenance in your area.

Need Help? Let's chat.