cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped calls

Deborah1313
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For the past month when I've talking to someone my call drops. It's happening my more frequently now. I had my call to my son drop 3 times last evening alone. I don't want to leave Public Mobile but I can't keep having this happen. My husband is with PM as well and has the same issue. His phone is 3 years old and mine is 6 months old. What's going on?

8 REPLIES 8

magical1

@Amped wrote:

Shouldn't have to do this, but if I need to make a call where I'm concerned about it dropping, I've started to use TextNow to make the call.  This uses data and has been far more reliable compared to PM's voice service lately.

Thanks I'll look into it, I have a medical number in which you have to call at a certain time, and its FCFS and if you miss the time, you have to call the next day.  Hold times can be 20-30 minutes, I hope it works. Thanks. 

Amped
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Shouldn't have to do this, but if I need to make a call where I'm concerned about it dropping, I've started to use TextNow to make the call.  This uses data and has been far more reliable compared to PM's voice service lately.

magical1

About 3 months ago? would that be an appropriate timeline? 

magical1

Class action lawsuit, it's been 3 months now for me.  We should be compensated for it.  It needs to be fixed.   My phone is practically useless for voice communications, there is no way I can call medical services and stay on hold for 20-30 minutes because I'll lose my place in line.   That is a HUGE ISSUE.  Disconnections happen, but not like this. 

Deborah1313

Thanks for your reply. We can only hope it gets resolved soon.

Deborah1313

Thanks for your reply. I just had a co-worker tell me that he's with Telus (parent company of PM) and he's having the same issue and it started around the same time. Let's hope they are taking this seriously and fix the problem.

AK32
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have also experienced dropped calls, hoping PM does something about it

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Deborah1313  Many ithers are experiencing same issue.  PM is apparently working onnit, but no official report.

Need Help? Let's chat.