cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped calls

Greggbran
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I get dropped calls everyday no matter where I am or whom I am speaking to .. any suggestions ? Signal is very strong 

8 REPLIES 8

Omer2023
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have opened a ticket with CS Agent. Below is the latest response:

As you already noticed it, the Telus brands are experiencing technical problems in some Provinces /cities>>

A failure of voice services due to suspected hardware issue has been identified. Impacted customers are unable to make or receive calls or intermittency of all the services. Service Technicians have been engaged to investigate, there is no Estimated Time Resolution at this time.

So we will keep our customers informed about any update, once the issue will be fixed from our end services will automatically set back as normal with services fully working as normal.

Nick271
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The last 2 days every call has been dropping.  It very unprofessional.  Please tell engineers to provide us a fix. Weather is good so it can't be rain fade. Please provide us a solution. 

Greggbran

I have done that and  it seems to be working so far . thanks for the info ...

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Greggbran 

More customer complains about voice quality and dropped calls.  I forwarded this issue to PM staff, but will need to wait to hear their response. 

From a different forum (reddit, RFD), one customer had the following fix:

For iPhone:
settings>>>cellular>>>Primary>>>network selection>>> turn off automatic network selection and reboot

If possible 5G network roll out issue, maybe try to force your phone to stay on LTE/4G instead of auto. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Greggbran this is interesting.  Even with 5G selected, the calls are on VoLTE not Vo5G

Greggbran

Ok I have tried all those solutions .Thanks . I did change my setting to LTE  instead of 5G auto and seems to have  help... It  does mention that 5G may impact   iphone Voice and data reliability ! ? 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Greggbran  , it is not a new activation, right?

try reboot the phone, try Reset all networks.

and if you have another phone , try your sim card there and test

if all these steps do not help, ask support agent to refresh your account

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Need Help? Let's chat.