cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double charge my credit card

fctommy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public moblie charged my credit card twice on new activation. Already sent them email on Nov 25, no response at all. What can I do?

7 REPLIES 7

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I've heard they have a lot of extra staff answering emails. Glad your plan got fixed.

NuXPeR
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Rockdaddy22 - I did send a follow up message which was again ignored. I actually also sent them an email a few days ago and have gone back and forth with an agent a couple times now. Took him about two days to reply to each email, but at least I'm on the 12GB plan now. He didn't even address my missing referrals, but I'll deal with that later when they're not so busy. Emailing them seems to produce much quicker responses at this time. I would advise everyone to email them using the form on this page. The MODs here seem to be MIA.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/contact-us

Rockdaddy22
@NuXPeR did you realize the messages can be read without actually showing as read. Maybe I'd consider sending a follow up message. The current wait time seems to be 8-10 days average. That's just from my own observations. I think some old private messages have been lost in the shuffle unfortunately.

Rockdaddy22
You'll get a refund, if you don't get one before your credit card payment due, I'd contact the card issuer and explain the situation. It won't be a problem.

josephcommerce

send a private message to the MOD OR open a case with public mobile on the website.

If you click on the small mail symbol .. near your name... that where you can send the private message.

It is a waiting game now.

All the best and hope you get it resolve quick, but no worry,

You will get your credit.. just when...

Credit card companies want you to deal with the merchant directly because this isn't a case of fraud. A double charge is unfortunate, and shouldn't happen, but maybe you can convince the cc company to reverse the 2nd charge, but I'm thinking you'll have to wait for PM to do so. Since this is an account issue and not a service issue, I think you'll just have to wait. Yes, it sucks you have an extra charge on your credit card, but at least you have phone service.

NuXPeR

Wait another few weeks by the looks of it. I would even recommend calling your credit card company and reporting them. When I first signed up with Public Mobile someone "that could actually help you" would normally respond here within 10-15 minutes. Now, it's like they have no customer service what so ever. With other companies you can call them, and even if you waited on the phone for two hours to get through to someone, at least your issue would be resolved the same day.  There are people without service right now for weeks and are unable to get any help. I've been waiting almost a month for a response and no one has even read my private message yet. This is absolutely ridiculous!

Need Help? Let's chat.