cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't have service

chrislee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just swithced about an hour ago and got a text message confirming that my transfer request has been completed succefully.. does this mean I'm supposed to have network or is it just to confirm that they've received my request 

7 REPLIES 7

chrislee

i found a solution. had to manually enter apn

Thanks everyone!

chrislee

I have between 3-5 bars but doesn't show LTE or any indicator

I can make calls but no data

Screenshot_2016-11-15-13-31-35.png

@chrislee wrote:

I just swithced about an hour ago and got a text message confirming that my transfer request has been completed succefully.. does this mean I'm supposed to have network or is it just to confirm that they've received my request 

Receiving that text message is supposed to mean that everything is now working.  However, sometimes there is a slight delay.  I've personally experienced it where calling my number would result in a busy signal for about half an hour (this was a previous company, nothing to do with Public service).  It did fix itself. 

storms54
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm having the same trouble, just switched, tried the power off, still no service. Pretty sure my account was messed up since activation failed when setting up the account. I've been waiting since Saturday afternoon (Nov 12) for a mod to get back to me. They must be so backed up right now.

sabbie

To add, if you still don't have service you might want to power down and remove the sim. Wait 1-2 minutes then add back the sim and try out the phone. How many bars are you showing if any?

sabbie

When i received this message all my services worked.

The biggest hurdle was receiving calls. Once the message was received I was active on calling, receiving, texting and data.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

What happens when you put your SIM in your phone and restart it?

Need Help? Let's chat.