cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the unlocked ASUS ZenFone 2 ZE551ML phone work on your network?

Lisa9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz), UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz), LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 17, 20).

14 REPLIES 14

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Enjoy your new phone, @Hugspirit!  🙂   (EDIT: just noticed you've been here for a while, no need to welcome you.  Sorry, my bad!)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @Hugspirit,

I, too, welcome you to Public Mobile.

With regard to PM's IMEI checker, it has a history of false positives and returning no results. In lieu of the checker, my favourite go-to sites are www.willmyphonework.net and
www.gsmarena.com. Since the latter is U.S.-oriented, look for compatibility with AT&T.

Cheers.

imm1304

Happy to hear that you are up and running on your new public mobile sim and the ZenFone2.  

Welcome to Public Mobile, @Hugspirit!

Hugspirit

It works! Thank you so much!

imm1304

Hey @Hugspirit,

That step is used to check compatibility of your phone with PM network.

However, we already know from this thread that this phone is compatible with PM.  Also, you said that your phone is unlocked.  

So, go ahead and skip this check and proceed with activation of the sim card.  Fell free to ask if you get in trouble during acitvation.  You can start a new thread if needed.  

Early welcome to Public Mobile. 

Hugspirit

Hello I just bought an unlocked cell Zenfone 2 ZE551ML. When I write my IMEI on your site it does not find it. Did I skip this step and I activate the sim card?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Thank you for passing along that information. I'll keep it in mind.

Cheers.

BrokenAnimator

My friend has a zenfone 2. Really this has to be the best deal. For 249(2gb) or 379 (4gb) you get a phone that rivals 800-1200 dollars phones, and it's not locked and you can use anywhere in the world. This should be the go to phone when people ask what phone they should get with public mobile. 

Not to mention it's available at staples, Canada computers, ncix. So it's very easy to get.

Martin
Legend
Legend
MrSnide,

Just in case Lisa9 doesn't read your post, thank you for the very positive feedback on her behalf.

Cheers!

MrSnide

Lisa9,

I am currently using one of these phones on Public Mobile. It works great!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Lisa9,

You're quite welcome.

Enjoy your phone on Public Mobile!

Lisa9

Thanks a lot.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

To add to Cyber's post, 3G 850 MHz is Band 5. 3G 1900 MHz is Band 2. 4G LTE 1700 MHz and 2100 MHz, when paired, are Band 4. 4G Advanced, yet to be deployed, is 700 MHz (Band 17).

For your information.

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@Lisa9,

Yes, the ASUS ZenFone 2 ZE551ML will works with Public Mobile (who is owned by Telus).

Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile frequency are :

3G UMTS/HSDPA = (850MHz / 1900MHz)

4G LTE Band 4 = (2100MHz / 1700MHz)

4G LTE-Advanced = 700MHz (LTE-A not yet launched by Telus/Bell)

Need Help? Let's chat.