cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to change dialer

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
I have a iPhone 7 plus was wondering how to can I change my default dialer to Truecaller does anyone know here would be a great help guys
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
12 REPLIES 12

@TheOldVR wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Samianauman wrote:
Thx guys
Add up already on kijiji selling it for sure going back to my android

Looks like found a solution for my post my own
Sell it lol

I have a suggestion, throw it in the garbage.  Please tell me which garbage can though. 

LOL - ^^^^this... cause I need to buy one Smiley Tongue

I received no bravo for my suggestion.  So I guess it won't happen.  Smiley Sad

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

@Samianauman wrote:
Thx guys

Sell it lol

I have a suggestion, throw it in the garbage.  Please tell me which garbage can though. 

LOL - ^^^^this... cause I need to buy one Smiley Tongue

@Samianauman wrote:
Thx guys

Sell it lol

TechFreakDad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

With an iPhone 7, it's impossible. Unless you JB- which you can't do on the 7 or 7+

Yep thx @ben10nnery
I have always been android fan just got this yesterday to try out I m pretty sure will go back to android once s8 available thx though
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

ben10nnery
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That's why if you use True Caller with iPhones it has to create the giant "SPAM" contact to store all the blocked and known reported numbers. Apple doesn't give it the full access it needs to work as it would on an Android phone.

Thx guys

Sell it lol

echf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Samianauman wrote:
I know I m also android guy just trying for few days to see if I like it or not
Even if I hide original phone icon but when I get called original one still pop up lol

Phone app is the quite important in iOS, it is related to many system features. 

For example, many app like Whatsapp/TrueCaller now relies on CallKit (should be part of Phone app). It is not that as simple as an app/UI. You can't just remove it and replace with something else. Smiley Tongue

I know I m also android guy just trying for few days to see if I like it or not
Even if I hide original phone icon but when I get called original one still pop up lol

echf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Nope, you are not allowed to. 

You can hide the "Phone" app somewhere, and put the "True celler" app on the home menu bar. 

I don't even think there is a jailbreak extension available for you to do that. Unless you write your own. 

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I believe if you JailBreak it you can change things up... otherwise it's the Apple dialer that you get!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Is that allowed?  I thought for iOS, you always need permission from Apple before you can do anything.  Bad joke, I am a fandroid. 

Need Help? Let's chat.