cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Public Mobile work with Android or only iPhone?

RjanTumamang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello All,

I tried to use a Samsung phone and the sim didn't work but worked on an iPhone.

I tried to use LG and the sim worked but the data wouldn't open. Again, it worked on iPhone. I'm trying to avoid to buy iPhone as we have 3 android phones available. I've checked all the settings that I could find on the android phone that could prevent me from using data but nothing seems to work. Can someone help please?

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RjanTumamang 

and you can try to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and do again Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RjanTumamang May I ask what models of Android phones do you currently own?

RjanTumamang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes. I've used them internationally that's why I don't understand why it won't work ...

jivetalker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Older LG phones can often need a network reset or even a factory reset to get data to work. Something to do with the first SIM card locking in the APN settings. Samsung too. What models do you have?

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@RjanTumamang Just make sure that your Android phones are unlocked, and APN settings are set up correctly (https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone). PM works with Android perfectly.

@barrascuk wrote:

Are all of your phones CARRIER UNLOCKED??

As RjanTumamang only seems to be saying that data won't work, the phones would have to be either Telus-locked or unlocked.  A locked phone wouldn't work for calls or text messaging either.

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are all of your phones CARRIER UNLOCKED??

@RjanTumamang wrote:

I tried to use a Samsung phone and the sim didn't work but worked on an iPhone.

I tried to use LG and the sim worked but the data wouldn't open. Again, it worked on iPhone. I'm trying to avoid to buy iPhone as we have 3 android phones available. I've checked all the settings that I could find on the android phone that could prevent me from using data but nothing seems to work. Can someone help please?

Yes, Public Mobile works with Android phones. Public Mobile does not care about the operating system of your phone. Usually data not working is a matter of manually setting up the APN settings to the correct values.

Start here to check settings, but slight variation of settings might be required:  Set up data on an Android phone (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.