cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to switch to new reward point system when changing plan

waterfulworld1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a long time PM customer who is still on the old reward system. I have $5 off each month's bill with my loyalty reward and I don't want to lose it. The new black friday deal seem very good but it offers a $1.7/month in reward  points, which is the under the new reward system. Does this mean that I will have to switch to the new system if I want to change to this new plan?

4 REPLIES 4

porcupine
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

no you don't have to

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@waterfulworld1 No, it is entirely up to you if you wish to switch or not. You will likely be prompted to switch to the points system at a certain stage, just select no so that you can keep your current legacy rewards system. 

Your current rewards are attached to your account and not your plan selection. As long as you do not choose to switch to the new points system, you will remain on your current rewards system

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@waterfulworld1 

Changing plans does not affect the rewards system you are on. When switching plans make sure to choose change on next renewal date. Doing an immediate plan change gives you no credit for your current plan. Enjoy the Black Friday deal!

You must make a conscious effort to switch to the points system in the rewards portal. Never switch to the points system. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@waterfulworld1 

No you don't have to switch the the Points Rewards system when you switch plan. It is voluntary so don't click on to switch.

The legacy Rewards is a lot better plus you get your $5 credit/month. The Points Reward, you need to collect 15 points to redeem $15 credit off your monthly bill based on 5% in points from your monthly bill. Also you won't receive the $2 credit for AutoPay on the Points Reward.

Need Help? Let's chat.