cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Voicemail

fk8338
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan is voice only and voicemail included.  How can I disable the voicemail feature?

8 REPLIES 8

bakayaroh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

from what I have read about the 10$ plan is even forwarding your call counts as 1 min in your plan.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

it could be, but "voice only including voicemail" suggests unlimited calling.   The only  limited calling plan is the $10 talk and text 50 minutes 50 sms plan  

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I figured the only reason why they want to disable it is because it uses minutes to retrieve the voicemails.

mimmo

@Effort the original poster has a talk ony plan and asked how to disable voicemail completly as they do not want voicemail at all.  

@Effort wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

anther option is to change the voicemail forwarding number to a number that is not in service. i believe that is what a couple people on the $10 plan have done.

Instead of sending it to a number that isn't in service, send it to a free VOIP number like Fongo or Talkatone. That way you still get the voicemail and it's free.

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mimmo wrote:

anther option is to change the voicemail forwarding number to a number that is not in service. i believe that is what a couple people on the $10 plan have done.

Instead of sending it to a number that isn't in service, send it to a free VOIP number like Fongo or Talkatone. That way you still get the voicemail and it's free.

popping

@mimmo wrote:

That is a good choice for the $10 plan with only 50 minutes.  You don't want to the voicemail announcement eats up you minutes. 

mimmo

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@fk8338 You cannot. However, you have an option to enable extended greetings. To do that, here is the guide: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Re-Disable-Voicemail/m-p/213805/highl...

Need Help? Let's chat.