cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable SMS notifications?

cdriedger
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm a very light sleeper, and the buzz or beep of recieving a message wakes me up. I do not need notifications that my paymeny is almost due, payment applied, or that payment had a discount applied.

Is it possible to opt out of or disable any or all of the SMS notifications?

10 REPLIES 10

CanadianStoner
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Every phone has a meeting or quiet mode. Find it!

@cdriedger wrote:

I'm a very light sleeper, and the buzz or beep of recieving a message wakes me up. I do not need notifications that my paymeny is almost due, payment applied, or that payment had a discount applied.

There is no way to opt out or to prevent Public Mobile from sending you these messages.  Public Mobiel does make these messages appear to come from the same originating numbers such 100 and 611.  On many phones, you can simply block all messages from those messages.  Specifically, in Android Messages, you could also choose to archive mesages from those senders.  You would still receive the messages but you would not be notified of them, nor would you see them in the default messages list, although they will be viewable if you go to the separate archived message section fo the app. 

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cdriedger wrote:

All great suggestions so far, and as @hairbag1 mentioned knowing what phone you have would be good to know in terms of setting/controlling the SMS notifications on that particular phone model.  You could also put the phone in another room.  

JeffToronto
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't think you can unsubscribe only from payments and due dates notifications. Better you go to your phone's settings and reduce volume for sms's.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@cdriedger wrote:

Do not disturb and airplane mode are the best options as others have noted. 

For do not disturb, go to settings, then sound & notification, select do not disturb, then you can select your options for what time period/days this would apply and you can also select if there are exceptions for a particular no. that can override the do not disturb function.  It works really well for sleeping hours plus you'll still get important notices at a more convenient time.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@cdriedger , I am not totally sure you can unsubscribe from payment notifications.  I know it does work for advertising SMS.  You simply text back unsubscribe.  A lot of people later regret doing this.  In any even, another option is to change the phone notification.  I set do not disturb hours where only known contacts can call me.  All other notification are off. 

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cdriedger , I'm not sure if the regular app on your phone has this function, but there are other texting apps (e.g. chomp sms) you can select the sender and which type of notifications you want to receive when they send an sms.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cdriedger wrote:

Self-serve "My Profile" does not have anything to disable the SMS.

You can switch your phone to airplane mode before going to bed.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@cdriedger wrote:

Type your question into gogle and you'll get lots of suggestions. Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

What kinda phone you got ?

Need Help? Let's chat.