cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I lose $28 in few minutes ?

dost
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I signed up at London drugs for $25 plan after the salesperson convinced me to get that plan. After I got home I changed my mind and the plan to $20 plan and it told me that I need to pay first so I did. Now I see two charges on my credit card $28 and $20 now so did I just lose $28 credit for nothing? Can it just stay on my account? Is it that bad to switch the plan ?

14 REPLIES 14

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dost wrote:

I received credit. Thx evegone for responses and Mod for helping me out.

@surreyboz

Refunds no....but gestures of good will ,depending on the issue...

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@slash407 wrote:

this is the downside to PM, with a typical company you would get a refund guaranteed but with PM you would be alittle worried. As the others have said, you made the changes on a prepaid service.

Hopefully they refund u

If you are unsure of something use words like probably or maybe etc but don't spread lies. Almost all Prepaid Provider around the world and every Prepaid Provider in Canada 'DOES NOT' Provide Refunds at all so Public Mobile is no different than other Canadian Prepaid Providers.

dost

I received credit. Thx evegone for responses and Mod for helping me out.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dost wrote:

Yes...Kinda messed up. You paid $25 for text/voice then you drop to $20 for voice only but you lose the feature that paid for and you paying twice for same voice feature. 

@dost this is how immediate plan changes work with pre-paid plans, unfortunately.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dost

Yes...Kinda messed up. You paid $25 for text/voice then you drop to $20 for voice only but you lose the feature that paid for and you paying twice for same voice feature. 

dost

I sent a message to the moderator to show some Xmas mercy..I should have waited till Jan 20th and then switch

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dost for future reference, try reading what you're doing before clicking the change now button.  There are warnings that exactly what happened will happen if you do that.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@slash407 wrote:

this is the downside to PM, with a typical company you would get a refund guaranteed but with PM you would be alittle worried. As the others have said, you made the changes on a prepaid service.

Hopefully they refund u

All Canadian prepaid carriers work that way. If you want the flexibility of immediate, prorated plan changes you need to go with postpaid plans at the according price tag.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@dost wrote:

So I signed up at London drugs for $25 plan after the salesperson convinced me to get that plan. After I got home I changed my mind and the plan to $20 plan and it told me that I need to pay first so I did. Now I see two charges on my credit card $28 and $20 now so did I just lose $28 credit for nothing? Can it just stay on my account? Is it that bad to switch the plan ?

Throwing something else into the mix: the $25 plan is unlimited provincial talk and unlimited international text. If you are downgrading from that to a $20 plan (I assume you went for the talk option?) you are loosing the ability to use the feature you dropped, period.*

Public Mobile doesn't offer pay per use rates / features. You have to have the feature in your plan or you can't use it.

If you are on the $20 talk plan your account doesn't "do" any texts at all, neither outgoing mor incoming.

* The only exception: in-Canada data add-ons can be combined with a plan that doesn't have a data feature.

The payment that you made for the $25 ($28 or so after tax) is gone.  It was forfeited when you made the plan change.  I believe that when you make any plan change, there is some type of on-screen warning saying that any remaining time on the original plan will be lost and that there will be no refund issued.

The only thing you can hope for would if the moderators (Public Mobile employees) can perform a goodwill gesture to provide a a refund or account credit for that first payment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dost wrote:

Thx for the response. I will ask moderators. It is kinda silly.

The ability is for those that maybe run out of data and have decided that they would want more and also that they have to have it now. So it's called an immediate plan change. Or maybe regret getting the $10 plan and so change up. But yes, it means forfeiting what you already paid.

The self-serve does not let you renew early however. That needs moderator assistance.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dost

Nothing is silly...well maybe some things..lol..but live and learn...

dost

Thx for the response. I will ask moderators. It is kinda silly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dost wrote:

Yup.

Nope.

Yup.

Seeing as how you did this so quickly, the moderators here *might* do a goodwill for you. They have no obligation to though as the system did exactly what you asked it to do.

In the future, the better way to do plan changes is to future date them for your next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.