cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Private Messages?

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

So, I received another private message with all the personal details last night. (And here I thought my link to the private message form with the moderators as recipient included in my posts should be as straightforward as it gets?) I have directed the person in the right direction / cc'd the moderator team and hope that their issue is taken care of by now.

The question I have however: Is there an option to delete private message conversations on this platform that I missed?. While I have absolutely no intentions to look at that personal information ever again, I would preferably delete it from my inbox.

Any insights appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good information to have. 🙂

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good FYI. Thanks all. 

@NDesai wrote:

You will have to open each pm you want to delete and click on the greyed out Delete button to delete. There is no way to mass delete. 

This usually doesn't​ happen but because the system is experiencing some problems, more and more users are coming to the community to ask for help. I am not sure what is taking so long to fix the issues.

Thanks for chiming in @NDesai, And I hear ya - those "features" are becoming increasingly frustrating to an even wider part of the customer base!

I mentioned this in another thread last week (and as always, it's just my personal opinion!)... I personally think that there are to many patches / partial solutions in the back end system by now that are just adding up and creating issues with other processes. I'm not in IT, so I might be oversimplifying here, but in my line of work I would start from scratch on a brandnew platform and set up some clean new paths.

Ah! That did the trick.

Thank you for your help, @imm1304!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

You will have to open each pm you want to delete and click on the greyed out Delete button to delete. There is no way to mass delete. 

This usually doesn't​ happen but because the system is experiencing some problems, more and more users are coming to the community to ask for help. I am not sure what is taking so long to fix the issues.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @wetcoaster,

Its great that you cc'd the mods.  It happens when we are more active in the forums.

You can delete by opening the message first.  Scroll to the bottom.  There is a "Reply" button.  Left of the Reply button is a greyed our "Delete" button.  Hover over it and it will become bold.  Click it and then click on Confirm and thats it.  

Need Help? Let's chat.