cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Messages

ALLANMENDOZA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I get delayed messages 2 or 3 days after it has been sent to me by text sometimes. Anyone have any idea if it’s my public mobile connection? Ex. A friend will text me on a Sunday, and I receive it on a Tuesday. 

9 REPLIES 9

@ALLANMENDOZA 

I should have mentioned that your iPhone needs to be configured to use Public Mobile's APN settings to access cellular data (for standard MMS and for iMessage), if it isn't already.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update-and-APN-settings/m-p/1610...

And, as usual, you may need to restart before changes work properly. Probably not strictly necessary but it never hurts.

ALLANMENDOZA

It just happens randomly, now w/ 3 people. I live in the city, and these guys don’t live more then 5KMs away from me. I don’t think it happens often but with in the last 2 months it happened once for each person. Not sure about specifics yet as I don’t text an abundance of people.

ALLANMENDOZA

I tried it now, let’s see if that works. I’ll keep you updated

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@ALLANMENDOZA wrote:

I get delayed messages 2 or 3 days after it has been sent to me by text sometimes. Anyone have any idea if it’s my public mobile connection? Ex. A friend will text me on a Sunday, and I receive it on a Tuesday. 

iMessage extends standard SMS/MMS functionality, but it requires cellular data (and won't work across wifi data).

Your iPhone might be using iMessage instead of SMS/MMS, it might be using wifi data instead of cellular data whenever wifi is available. You can change one or both of these things in settings.

https://www.xfinity.com/hub/mobile/difference-between-imessages-and-sms-messages

Kvee88

@ALLANMENDOZA  I have never personally had this issue with PM but have had it with Telus, usually would occur when I was out of a service zone or my phone died (which basically never happens im pretty diligent with charging lol). Our camping spot in the summer has no service through any provider though and I would receive texts from the days I was camping for 3-4 days after coming back into a service area. Is it happening with multiple texts from different numbers or just a problem with specific 1 or 2 people you are receiving texts from, not everybody? 

ALLANMENDOZA

I have an iPhone 8

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ALLANMENDOZA wrote:

@ALLANMENDOZA  hello you could try a network reset 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@ALLANMENDOZA wrote:

@ALLANMENDOZA hi what type of phone do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.