cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in Notification feed

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Since yesterday, I noticed there is a delay in the Notification feed to see the latest action that is happening on the thread/post such as bravo's received, or someone replying to your post mentioning you and etc.  Often when you see the most recent action in "Recent Notification" on the right hand side of the main "Community" webpage, it takes a while, sometimes several hours to see it reflected in the "Notification feed" so I am not able to go to the pertaining post/thread right away from the Notification feed.  Is everyone getting this or is it just me? 

Thanks  

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Zyl  - yup, me too. Thing pop up of someone else posting on a thread I also posted on, doesn't show up in the notification feed, and so on.

Old forum was instant, I will say that. New upgrade forum has more things going on to try and get all caught up with themselves.

Maybe PM needs to reboot their servers or clear their browser's caches / cookies  😂

Zyl

@dabr It's like once you get them in the Notification feed, you get a whole sleuth of all the actions that you have missed, all of the bravo's, solutions, mentions, everything.  And sometimes, the most recent one will show up with all the previous ones still missing.  Like for example, I saw your mentioning me in a post on the Notification feed right away after I got the bubble and the number right beside the bell, but all of the previous actions are still not there.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Zyland @Meow    There's definitely a longer than normal lag time between new threads, responses and notifications since the roll out of the new format. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I guess they decreased refresh time... Maybe some other processes are more important than notification refresh.

Zyl

@Meow   Yes I noticed this after the upgrade as well although for me, it's more recent like the past 2 days more or less.  I actually have no problem with the bell and the private message notifications and the number shown, just the notification feed that's just not able to keep up and I am not able to click on the post to see the most recent action because it hasn't shown on the notification feed yet.  But I guess your issue and mine might be all related.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I experienced this since few days ago (or since they redesigned Community). Red number beside bell is not updating as fast as before.

Need Help? Let's chat.