cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing with Multiple Numbers in 1 Account

rhyip
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys, 

So i've read posts that we can't have 1 account with all the numbers but what i'm curious about now is that when I transfer multiple numbers from 1 account over, would there be any issues or anything I need to do before hand?

I'm asking mostly cause i'm doing a number transfer so I don't know if transfering a number from an account with multiple numbers would get wiped or prevented after transfering one of them over.

7 REPLIES 7

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
No problem, and thank you for all your hard work lately 🙂

Thanks for clarification @Rockdaddy22

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@daredogg that's only a problem with Koodo not Telus, I guess PM and Koodo share a system or something.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

One other suggestion... If you're coming over from Telus or Koodo, you could run into an activation issue if you use the same email you had registered with them. Use different email addresses for each account to avoid any issues.

danlouie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported three numbers over from Telus.  

1 Public Mobile account for each number, using unique email for each Public Mobile account.

I did however, use the same payment method for each account - that's no problem.

The Telus account was a share plan, so I ported the numbers that did not have the data plan attached first.  Once those were ported, then I ported the number that had the data plan attached.  This all happened within an hour, so it went quite smoothly. 

Make sure you enter the first Public Mobile number as a referral for the other numbers and save some money!

boldventure
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had 3 phone numbers in Koodo, I ported 2 numbers to 2 different PM accounts since in PM one account one phone number

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

No you just create an indivual account for every number you are brining over.  They should have their own email address as well.  They  can all be paid for ont he same CC thought

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.