cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 4 of no incoming calls

shaner82
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I don't really know what else to do here.  I ported my number in 4 days ago and my incoming calls are still not working.  

I've e-mailed the mods, PM'ed them, created threads here and tagged them and reached out to them on twitter.  Absolutely no responses.  

This is getting frustrating.  I know there's a high work load right now due to that $120 plan being offered, but something has to be done to get people up and running.  

@Mary_M

22 REPLIES 22

tonyiob
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Set up 2 accounts with PM and neither are able to receive phone calls or SMS texts.

upset
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had to cancel my celluar provider in order to use public mobile and it is extremely upsetting that Public Mobile has not been able to provide the service that they claimed. There has been no replies on how and when they would resolve the issue. So disappointing!!!!!!

Franco_Luongo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up on November 3rd ... Ported my number over from Fido ... Public Mobility Website explained that the port was successful, but ... 7 days later ... 3 email to Public Mobility later (in which they claim that they will respond within 48 hours) ... Tried calling their TOLL FREE number (what a joke ... it's only a taped message) ... and STILL NO RESPONSE from anyone at Pubic Mobilty, and NO INCOMING calls ...Anyone who tries calling me, get my "old" taped voicemail message from my Fido accoiunt!  I'm frustrated beyond belief!! How on Earth can I get some HELP to get this resolved?? Obviously, the porting of my number from Fido was NOT successful, and I need someone at Public Mobility to get this problem resolved ... PLEASE... It's now going on to 8 Days!! HELP ...

vrhanth

Thanks @Mary_M for your response..!

I am good to go with my new number :), I know you guys are busy but I struggled a bit without my incoming calls for past few days. Now okay.

Regards,

vrhanth.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @vrhanth

Thank you for your patience!!

The port did not go through because the PIN provided was not valid. If the number is still active with your old service provider, please provide me with the account # and I'll resubmit it !

I understand it may take longer for us to answer, but rest assured that we will rectify your issues regardless 🙂

Respectfully,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

bar0460

Don't despair. I was concerned that my number was lost when I ported over because it didn't get attached to my PIN and was given a "this number is not in service message" when I called it.  The tech team was able to resurrect it and complete the port.  They said the ticket could take up to 72 hours to resolve but actually finalized  within an hour.

vrhanth

Never mind, I got a new number. I can't go ahead without incoming calls/sms anymore, thanks for your great help guys. I lost my number which i have been using for 5 years. Man Sad

Regards,

vrhanth

@bar0460 wrote:

If an incorrect account number was provided your previous provider would not have proceeded with the port but from what i understand your port was successful in so far as you had service under your ported number but couldn't receive incoming calls, right?

Actually, no.  That isn't  the way porting works here at Public, or any other Telus brand for that matter.  When porting in at the same time as activation, Public Mobile does not assign temporary numbers.  The number that is being ported in immediately gets assigned to your Public account and sim card.  It will work immedaitely for outgoing communications. That does not mean the number has been ported.  The phone number being ported in is assigned to the Public account before the account information for the old provider is even checked and before the old provider even approves the transfer.

Until porting is complete, incoming communications will go to the original cell carrier.  Incorrect account information/user error is actually the number one main reason for failed porting requests.  Niether of us know if that actually happened here but calls and texts still going to the old provider for an extended period of time is the exact thing that would happen if incorrect account information was in fact provided.

vrhanth

Hi Nekkidtruth,

Thanks for your prompt response, I didnt get a temporary # when I activated the sim card and i directly ported my #. If i have a temporty # then I can manage atleast  few days.

Regards,

Vrhanth

nekkidtruth
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi vrhanth,

I'm sorry you're having these issues. They will certainly be resolved. However, please note that due to some issues with porting and the promotion, the mods are experiencing higher than normal support requests. You've done the right thing in tagging them and PM'ing them. You are in their queue! I know it's difficult when your service isn't working properly, but if you could be patient for a little while longer, they will catch up with you!

Hopefully this gets resolved for you soon!

vrhanth

I activated my sim last Friday and ported my number from Chatr wireless, it's been 5 days..no incoming calls or SMS and only I can make outgoing calls.I think porting process prtially completed, I can make calls from Public mobile sim card but if someone calls to my number it's going to Chatr wireless. I tried to get a temporary number but that also failed.

Can you please look into this issue and fix it asap? OR please tell me how to cancel the service and get back to my Chatr number, I am so frastrated and I dont have any other altrenative to get incoming calls. I sent 3 private messages but no response either. @Mary_M, @Jeremy_M, @Val_T

I created a support request (#5822-5074) but no response yet.

Please help me to port my number properly OR revert back to my Chatr wireless.

Regards,
vrhanth.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shaner82, would you kindly consider bravo'ing my suggestion here?:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Please-utilize-an-issue-tracking-system-for....  Thank you in advance.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Balanceman

Thanks for responding, @Mary_M!

I also have similar issues, I am hoping that a moderator will get to it as quickly as possible!

Thanks!

bar0460

In any event, I'm happy your issue is being resolved.  My number was released by Wind Mobile within an hour of me submitting the port request however Public Mobile has failed provision of service hence my contacts all get a "this number is not in service" message when calling the ported number.  Lovely eh?? Private message, direct messages, tweets have all fallen on deaf ears.  I manage 5 cell plans with various carriers and routinely port.  I have never ever received such shoddy customer service from any carrier in my 21 years of cell phone experience.

bar0460

I doubt you provided any incorrect info.  If an incorrect account number was provided your previous provider would not have proceeded with the port but from what i understand your port was successful in so far as you had service under your ported number but couldn't receive incoming calls, right? it's disconcerting that Public Mobile would deflect responsibility for these partial ports.

hc69

Hi @Mary_M, I'm having the same issue with porting my number. Can you please take a look at my case?

shaner82

Thank you very much Mary.  I appreciate the help.  I know you guys are extra busy right now due to that great plan being offered.  I just wish someone in a position of power would realize that a plan like this will result in high demand, in which case, a few extra mods would be a good idea.  

I don't understand the comment about invalid information.  I included all the information I was asked for and double checked it.  Anyway, what's done is done.  

Thanks again.  

nekkidtruth

You're awesome Mary! I know you guys are swamped (and that some of us are unfortunately adding to that pile). Even though I'm not the one having the issue, just seeing your response here helps alleviate some of the frustration and tension!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @shaner82

Thank you for your patience, I really do apologize for the delay 😞 We are trying our best to answer back to everyone in a timely manner, but it is taking longer than anticipated.

Well, on another note, I have gone ahead and resubmitted your port. It initially failed due to invalid information provided, but I resubmitted with the account # and it will be completed in between 30 minutes to 2 hours. Look out for the confirmation text !

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions.

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

arkw
You're definitely in queue, I messaged them Saturday and no one has gotten to my message yet, there is another member who messaged Friday and they got back to him today. They're going through each message one by one so eventually they'll get to you.

nekkidtruth

Hi shaner,

I'm really disappointed to hear it's taking this long. I have been a pretty vocal advocate for the Community forums here and the mod response times. I know they're super busy right now, but even I'm surprised by the length of time it's taking.

@Shazia_K@Caroline_D?

Hopefully we can get some attention here!

Need Help? Let's chat.