cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data/wifi

Hollydan2009
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I wanna know if my data was left on and in wifi service, do u still charge me for  data? 

Because my data was used fast !

3 REPLIES 3

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Hollydan2009   You can also turn off individual apps' permission to use data so that they can't use data to update or for background tasks when you have data turned on away from home wifi.   Also don't do speed tests when on data, they use a ton of data if you have a faster speed plan!  When I had a limited data plan I just kept cellular data totally turned off except when I was away from home wifi.  There is typically an easily accessible toggle for that on both iPhone and Android.

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Hollydan2009 

Check your phone settings for your data warning and limiter.  The default is 5GB. Your phone may have stopped your mobile data. If you are connected to wifi it won't use your mobile data.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Hollydan2009 

Data will stop working if it is used up on your alloted amount and you will need public wifi for your phone to connect to apps and websites.

If you set your phone on automatic connect to home wifi or public wifi. Your phone will automatically switch to wifi and will stop using your data. Some public wifi will need you to agree to their agreements and policy before you can connect.

What plan are you on? And what is the make and model of your phone so we can assist with your phone settings?

Need Help? Let's chat.