cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data used

mpcontact
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone say 1GB data used ( when I check on setting -data usage) but I got text notification form public mobile on phone saying I used 100% data - I have 2GB plan

6 REPLIES 6

Shooter1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Somehow the Public Mobile texts that warn for an approaching data limit, seem to not take into account the "bonus" data that we get with each plan.  For example, the $35 / month plan includes 1 G of data, but also a bonus of 500 MB, & an additional bonus of 500 MB if you are signed up for autopay.  This should equal a total of 2 G of data.  But towards the end of my billing cycle in both of the last 2 months, I have received warning texts saying "You have used 75% of your data", & then "You have used 95% of your data".  But I was only approaching 1.5 G each month?!  So this month I intentionally let my data go over the 1.5 G limit, & nothing happened.  That is, my data kept working, and therefore, the warning was incorrect, as I must have had more data to use, likely up to the 2 G that I'm supposed to have.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@mpcontact rely on the info provided in your self-service account.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mpcontact wrote:

My phone say 1GB data used ( when I check on setting -data usage) but I got text notification form public mobile on phone saying I used 100% data - I have 2GB plan

Data used shown on the phone always different as we don't know when your phone start counting.  It may start count before or after the 00 hour on your renewal date.

Login to your self-serve account and check on the data usage line on how much data you used since your current cycle started.  If you do not see the data usage line on your overview page after login, you had used all your data for your current cycle.

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/. Moderator wait time is couple hours to 2 days. If your next renewal date is up to 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $15 1GB data or $5 200MB data. Expensive option

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mpcontact  Change the start date on your device's data usage to be the same as your plan's start date. The numbers should be similar.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@mpcontact They have a tendency to be incorrect go by what you see in your self serve

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@mpcontactlogin to your self serve and take the "overview" counter as correct. your phones counter is probably not in sync with your self serve

Need Help? Let's chat.