cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

tombrtls
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Today (27th of October) i've received, within a period of 5 minutes, two text messages stating i have used 75% and 95% of my data. Considering i wasn't doing anything with my phone at the time and i have a three month plan withn 6 gb of data, this seems very odd to me. I've never had a problem with the data limit and i cannot think of any apps that i use that would actually push my data usage over this limit. 

With kind regards, 

Tom

5 REPLIES 5

byoon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've encountered the same problem yesterday, I received the same two messages in a short period of time, when I wasn't using my phone. My phone doesn't do system updates with data.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tombrtls are you using an Android phone on Oreo (Android 8.0)?  There is apparently a bug where mobile data will continue to be used even when you're connected to Wi-Fi.  Or, if you're on an iPhone (some Android phones have this too), can you verify that you have the Wi-Fi Assist feature turned off?

Here's how to see what apps are using the most data on your phone. iPhone, or Android phone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @tombrtls,

thank you for reaching out to us !

You should be able to view your data usage on your self-serve account (accurate usage). Let us know if you require any assistance via private message.

Regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This issue has been previously reported by other customers.  I don't recall what the resolution was.  The moderator team should be contacted.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Most likely it was a system update.  What the are you using?

You should be able to see what apps used data in your setting.

I recommend using my data manager works both android and iphone

Need Help? Let's chat.