cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

Jim57
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why do I get an SMS telling me that I have used 75% of my data when if I look at my account, I have used only about 20% of my data allowance plus plenty left in an add-on that I shouldn't even have needed to buy? There's definitely something very fishy going on . 😬

18 REPLIES 18

I'm not sure those warning texts are often wrong. 611 will tell you what ALL you have LEFT of plan data and all Canadian data add-ons. So 358MB's is not "loads" unless you use very little data. That is 75% of 490 MB's.
You can get the amounts of all your data and add-ons in the account. Click those spinners as suggested. It would be really helpful if you could provide images of that overview screen showing your plan and add-ons and then we can help you decipher what you see.

@Jim57 - if you have some addons on your account, I suppose that could be 75% used (plan + data addons).

But, those texts sometimes get sent out in error, so that could be your case too.

Jim57

Thank you!

Jim57

Thank you for your help. 👍

Jim57

Thank you for your kind input.

Jim57

After a lot of searching I did find it, thank you. Not the most user-friendly web site! 😉👍

Jim57

Thank you for all your help. I managed to use the 611 service and the voice confirmed that I have got loads of data left (368Mbs) and so it does not explain why I got an SMS which says I have used 75%.

Thank you again for your kind patience.

@Jim57 "I looked for "My Profile" but don't see it anywhere" - in my browser it is accessed by the small > on the lower left side of the page.  That slides out the profile that Handy1 is showing.

@Jim57  Notice PIN password to the left of the top red circle and to the right of the profile tab 

profile tabs

Handy1_0-1692999718871.jpeg

You can change the 4 digit PiN to what ever you like 

Jim57

I looked for "My Profile" but don't see it anywhere. 

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Jim57 ,

Using Incognito mode in your Chrome (or other) browser, or clearing cache and cookies (see: Clear Cache & Cookies ) may refresh your view and thereby update your usage data. It could be that your previously rewarded or purchased add-on data is being utilized before your in-plan included data. Hope this helps.

@Jim57 wrote:

I tried that and it asked me for my 4 digit PIN . I didn't even know I HAD a 4 digit PIN. So thanks but that didn't help.

@Jim57 - you can reset your 4 digit PIN under your My Profile section of your My Account.

Jim57

I tried that and it asked me for my 4 digit PIN . I didn't even know I HAD a 4 digit PIN. So thanks but that didn't help.

@Jim57 !just tap the refresh spinner thing in the pic and Ty @esjliv  for private browser explanation 🙂

@Jim57 

Opening up a tab in incognito mode helps to flush out any lingering/old data that may no longer be relevant on a website. To do so, see below:

*Windows, Linux, or Chrome OS: Press Ctrl + Shift + n.

*Mac: Press ⌘ + Shift + n.

Jim57

I regret that I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Thanks anyway. Incognito? Private? 🤔

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jim57 you may just be seeing a cache version of your data on your My Account. To confirm, call 611 from your device to check data balances, this will include any remaining balances of plan and addon data.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jim57 double check like this 

Try again incognito/private mode

And or lap top /computer

OR

simply try refreshing the page to check data plan / mins / add ons

Handy1_0-1692998322550.jpeg

For most up to date account info

Need Help? Let's chat.