cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working.

lmeldgard
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just returned from USA where I used a US sim. They had me download a file to get their  data working. Now I have put my public mobile sim in and data does not work. I have restarted the phone and changed the apn to SP.MB.COM and still no luck. 

8 REPLIES 8

@dust2dust wrote:

This recent post of yours is incorrect. Your first post was correct. It's sp.mb.com.

Did you connect to wifi and go to settings general about to check for any updates like carrier profile?

@CountyDownIeUk? Registering the new-but-old number to Apple?

Adding - @softech - APN/username/password implies iphone.

If you switch SIMS in an iPhone. And then back to the original SIM the phone will ask you to confirm. I recently did this with some PM SIMS.  No settings to adjust. But if not same carrier SIMS.  Perhaps reset carrier settings and verify APN. And definitely reboot. 

@dust2dust  , yes, given that OP keep just telling the APN and not the rest, I was suspecting, too

@lmeldgard  can you check your Carrier profile?  try to do an update with the Carrier Profile and see if it helps

Again, I suggest you to start with Reset All networks

This recent post of yours is incorrect. Your first post was correct. It's sp.mb.com.

Did you connect to wifi and go to settings general about to check for any updates like carrier profile?

@CountyDownIeUk? Registering the new-but-old number to Apple?

Adding - @softech - APN/username/password implies iphone.

@lmeldgard wrote:

Hi, I have changed the apn to sb.mb.com and restarted phone but do not have any of the other options. Only have user name and password which are both blank. 

@lmeldgard 

What brand and model is your phone?

usually use Reset All network is the quick and easy fix

If that does not work, you have to check more other APN entries.  Or send us screenshot of your current APN settings, the full list 

lmeldgard
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have changed the apn to sb.mb.com and restarted phone but do not have any of the other options. Only have user name and password which are both blank. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

And reboot phone. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Since you used different SIM while in USA, did you try to reset network to default and then to try to adjust APN if needed?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@lmeldgard   you might want to do a Reset Network and see how it goes.  Please note after resetting your network, your saved Wifi will be gone as well and you will need to join the Wifi again

If it still does not work, please check your APN settings

Compare the APN settings below, try to update it and save:

APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 302