cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

bayleaf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am unable to get data working on my new phone -- an Umidigi Bison X10.  This phone is not listed in the "Check your Phone" list of phones, probably because it is a very new model.

In any event, I have set up APN as best I can following the recommendations here and I have also reset the phone's network settings.  Still no luck.  Any advise?

16 REPLIES 16

Alexk6681
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks this actually worked for my phone. Bision pro.

Pepe1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same issue. Any luck finding a solution?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bayleaf 

You can also see if your signal is stronger on the 3G network. Try choosing 3G only to see if it improves. Where in Victoria? We can also look at the cell tower map to see which tower you are likely connecting to?

@softech 

That won't be necessary if the OP can edit their APN. 

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@bayleaf wrote:

I thought I'd try this one next.  Surprisingly, the APN I had created with a name of "Public Mobile" had disappeared and been replaced with one called "IMS".

You might need to find a friend with Freedom Mobile and borrow the Freedom SIM and then create the APN with Public Mobile.  Many reported that they have problem editing or creating new APN  on some phones and Frieedom SIM has the ability to open up the edit/create APN function. 

bayleaf

I thought I'd try this one next.  Surprisingly, the APN I had created with a name of "Public Mobile" had disappeared and been replaced with one called "IMS".  Anyway, I created a new APN per darlicious's instructions and saved it.  Now two other previous APNs that had been mysteriously created, both with "Telus" in their name, have also disappeared and I am left with the single one I created with the name of "Mobile Internet".  

Whether it works or not, I am not sure.  Reason is that I live in a rural part of Victoria and our cell reception here from TELUS is terrible -- I'm lucky to get one bar and often none at all.  Today I'm getting one bar but no data.  I'll try again when I head out tomorrow for work.  I'll let you know.  

Thanks everyone for your help so far!  Much appreciated.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bayleaf 

So you can edit your APN. Compare yours to the one I posted or post yours as suggested by @softech .

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

bayleaf

Phone came with Android 11 installed.

bayleaf

Yes, data was working in my previous phone - same SIM card.

bayleaf

Yes, data option is on.  

@bayleaf   so, you have any luck tweak around your APN settings?  What exact settings you have ?  take screenshot and post here.  Sometimes, it's a small comma missing to extra one could cause the issue.

bayleaf

I have lots of data available, so that is not the problem.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bayleaf 

Yes your phone is fully compatible. Try this APN.

Name

Mobile Internet

APN

sp.mb.com

Proxy

Not set

Port

Not set

Username

Not set

Password

Not set

Server

Not set

MMSC

http://aliasredirect/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS proxy

mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS port

MCC

MNC

Authentication type

Not set

APN type

default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol

IPv4

APN roaming protocol

IPv4

APN enable/disable

APN enabled

Bearer

Unspecified

MVNO type

GID

MVNO value

4D4F

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bayleaf   your phone has the latest Android update? Android 10?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bayleaf  Umidigi phone is very hard to get the APN setup correctly.   Can you post us some screenshots of your current APN settings?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@bayleaf - does data work when you try your SIM into another phone?

Ensure you have data left on your plan. Check your overview account under the My plan & addons section

If you see it listed, data is available to use. If the line does not exist then it is all used up for this cycle.

esjliv_0-1601935725902.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@bayleaf  - the compatibility list is not up to date.

Is your Data option On in the settings of your phone?

Check apn settings here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz (band 5), 1900 MHz (band 2) and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

• 3G or WCDMA 2 (1900 MHz ) and 5 (850 MHz) bands  makes the phone compatible, which is needed for phone calls, and can also be used for text messaging and data.
  • LTE can be used for text messaging and data.

You could try a factory reset, but ensure back of information is done first. And, I would only suggest this as a last resort.

Need Help? Let's chat.